The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kolossal Killer! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 22:58, JohnPIzzi.com wrote:
I ve tried it dozens of times. I like 52 on one miracle by Dick Barry ..I get huge reactions out this. Another hidden Gem.
http://www.dickbarrymagic.com/cgi-bin/we......match=on

I second John's recommendation. I've combined Dick's 52 on 1 with Bill Abbott's Smart Ass.

Ken
JohnJames
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of JohnJames
It is something I always have with me.

Kenton is a great thinker!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Using the KK method I combine it with 2 wallets (SAW and Magnum)and use a couple Bang On gimicks.

Eric
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1133 Posts

Profile of caigy
'Chronologue' combined with a KK Wallet is a Colossal Killer...I absolutely love it !!..and more to the point, so do they!
Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I have had KK for years now and in my version I have to eliminate half the pack. I gather from the above that this has all changed. Does anyone know if this new version is just as easy to use and can you show the inside of the wallet to the specs?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Any tips on how to overcome the spec thinking you have multiple cards in your wallet? 52 on 1, makes my front pants pocket too thick.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
If you get a shogun wallet you can keep all your cards on one opening. On the other end's opening...a couple bucks and you can show it otherwise empty.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 21:29, itsmagic wrote:
Any tips on how to overcome the spec thinking you have multiple cards in your wallet? 52 on 1, makes my front pants pocket too thick.

For KK I usually say " in my wallet I have a pack of all 52 cards .." and then try to find it unsuccessfully . This makes the idea of having ANY thought of card ridiculous . Then " ...although only one is visible " .
In addition I do try and verbally force some cards and often there is some connection with the named card that I can imply was deliberate .
The funniest was a remark about 7 dwarfs was followed by the selection of 7 of Diamonds . KK is also a great out/finish to experimental verbal/mental forces.
Its one of the best , especially for the impromptu situation.
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
There is a similar effect in "Sean Waters - Ponderings" called Avalon, if you liked Kolossal Killer then you will love that one too.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1548 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
I have just 3 available.

Tony Curtis
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4914 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
A VERY LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE NOW FOR RESERVE! THERE ARE 7 WALLETS ONLY COMING. BUY YOURS NOW AND WE'LL SHIP YOURS TO YOU AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE (around April 2nd).

http://www.wonderwizards.com/product_inf......s_id=408
TonyRush
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of TonyRush
I do this effect under the title "Heirloom" which is the same basic concept.

I chose to purchase the "Heirloom wallet" that's sold by Alakazam. While it's
true that I could probably have found something cheaper at a department
store, your time is worth something. If I have to choose between riding around
to different stores, checking the wallets and possibly buying one that I think
will work (but won't).....or spending a little extra to get a wallet made
specifically for this effect.....well, your time is worth something. Smile

Great effect, though, no matter which way you go!

Tony
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1109 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
One could use a regular wallet for this effect, but I think that having the official wallet is a better way to go since one can show the wallet empty after removing the card due to the ingenious design.

I've tried it both ways and they're both good. But having the extra convincer takes it into the miracle class level, IMHO.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2574 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Trekdad wrote:
Quote:
The effect never fails to amaze.

That might be true I guess as when I first saw it performed (Paul Daniels Magic Show)I was amazed that anyone would bother performing it as it seemed blatently obvious.

Phase27 wrote:
Quote:
Some people love it and some hate it.

I hate it. At least I did until I saw John Archer's presentation of it. Without John's presentation I still hate it. With John's presentation it magically becomes the brilliant effect that everyone claims it already is.

Just my opinion.

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I do a variation on John Archer's routine (Educating Archer), which I think is by far the best version to date. Hilarious and with strong magic. That's an unbeatable combination.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
If you combine parts of John Archer's routine with "Bang On" using just one w...t you've a strong miracle. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
237 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I use a variation on John Archer's as well and I would agree with Mumblemore it is the best for the style of performance I do.

John
Make Everyday Magical
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
Pocket Space still packs a punch and is very easy to perform. You do need four cards in your wallet and one in your pocket, but that's not difficult.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 18:39, Sealegs wrote:

I hate it. At least I did until I saw John Archer's presentation of it. Without John's presentation I still hate it. With John's presentation it magically becomes the brilliant effect that everyone claims it already is.

Just my opinion.

Neal.

Quick question for everybody about this kind of thought: do you love/hate tricks based on method or plot? Neal, for example, is plot. I happen to think this is the best way to judge something (you can find a million methods but a good plot is gold). However, when reading Neal's post, I realized that he could have missed out on something good because he was so focused on plot that he ignored the fact the same method can be used for other plots (such as Archer's).

I know it's not STRICTLY a review of KK but, after carrying around my version of KK for a couple years, I use the principle is totally different ways now, making me enjoy it a lot more.

What thinkest thou?

Lem
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2009 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Anyone interested in Killer Conceptions? PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kolossal Killer! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL