The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Balls, tips needed ( Please don't expose method, just send a pm) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
First off, I want to apologize if this topic isn't at the right spot. Secondly, I own a new Zombie ball, I know the gimmick and how its done, but I have a problem with concealing the gimmick, I don't mean to expose anything and if that is what it sounds that was not my intention, but what I don't get is how do you keep the gimmick concealed? I realized that if you pick the cloth up along with the Zombie, there is a good chance of exposure, and if your not careful, putting the cloth away will risk exposure. Now my quistion is how do you introduce the trick without exposing the gimmick and how do get rid of the gimmick? If anyone doesn't feel comfortable answering this quistions in the forum, just send me a pm.

P.S: do you think it is possible to sew the gimmick onto the cloth with some thread?
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Check out jeff McBride magic on stage volume 3 (i think), he goes really in depth on the zombie ball, the gimmick, the cloth, everything, plus a whole heap of other stage/parlor effects. That will fix all your problems, but also practicing will help.
How exactly are you having trouble concealing it, are you finding the ball too heavy to start off with?
Once again pracitce and your problems will be solved. it is a great effect so it is well worth putting in the effort.

good luck.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6949 Posts

Profile of Dougini
brycol24
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of brycol24
That looks like a great book. I am going to order that. Thanks for the information even though I was not the one who opened the forum.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Jeb Sherills Zombie Re-Animated DVDs are the most complete instructions that I know of.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Get Tim Wright's video..Howard
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Don't do the sewing part. It would only hinder your performance.

You can actually start off with the ball separate from the foulard and g*****. Play around with what you have and you would discover possibilities. Try not using a foulard that is too smooth when it is drapped over your hand. If you can get the one that clings on and one that is not too heavy then you can do more things with it.

Jeb Sherill's work would be useful to take your knowledge and skill to the next level. Try it and you won't be disappointed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Balls, tips needed ( Please don't expose method, just send a pm) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL