The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sankey's Secret Files or Very Best of Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aladdin
View Profile
New user
United Arab Emirates
3 Posts

Profile of Aladdin
I've heard a lot of good things about Jay so thought it's time to take a closer look at his material and am considering what to purchase.

I prefer the DVD medium, so I want to go for either the 2 "Secret Files" volumes or the 3 volume set of the "Very Best of Jay Sankey".

Can I have some opinions of which to go for?

I guess I'm an intermediate close-up magician and performing for friends and family but have been known to do the occasional party.

I already have a number of card effects in my reportoire so although I wouldn't mind learning a few more I would ideally like to see more non-card material.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Get the Very Best Of Jay Sankey. I find the material in there is MUCH better. I LOVE Jay Sankey. He is one of my favorite magicians. He's great. His card stuff is offbeat and phenomenal. A genius when it comes to magic in my opinion.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I have not seen The Very Best Of Jay Sankey, but I do own The Secret Files and I love it! I imagine all 5 DVD's are worth picking up.

I can't wait to get The Best Of now, seeing that Ben recommends it even over Secret Files.
Drive Carefully
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I agree with LeConte...all of them are very much worth getting! If you can only afford one set then I'd get The Best of Sankey...it's packed with great material!
William Holcomb
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
369 Posts

Profile of Bill
Right on. The "Best of" is by far superior to "Secret Files". They are my favorites in my entire collection of DVD's.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Man, I can't believe something could be way better than The Secret Files. I feel like I'm going to pop now unless I get the 3 DVD set by Sankey right away!

I guess I'll have to put some book purchases on hold to get these first. I thought I was done buying DVD's for awhile, but I was wrong it would seem. The conviction of your responses is appreciated.
Drive Carefully
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
The routine in Secret Files he uses to get gigs was too good to release.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Ya... I wish he would have just told me that routine.. lol... you and me ixnay lol. Yes.. get his 3 DVD set. Oh and by the way, he's WAY funnier, way better quality too.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Aladdin
View Profile
New user
United Arab Emirates
3 Posts

Profile of Aladdin
At the moment I can only afford one set so it looks like it's going to have to be "The Very Best of" series.

If they're as good as everyone says then I guess I'll think about the "Secret Files" later.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I have both sets and I like "The Best OF" more than "The secret files". Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Do you have Volume 2 Ben? That's the one I don't have. Most of the material on them I have in printed form but there's a couple of items I don't have in note or book form.
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
The very best of Jay Sankey 1 is my favorite video! It is worth buying the whole set because the material is great.
magicgirl
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicgirl
If anyone is considering buying "The Best Of" set in DVD, Penguin Magic has it for $84.99 with free shipping. Not only that, for this week they are running a promo where they will take 10% off anything you order with the promo code "nextlevel". That means the set would cost just $76.50 with shipping included! I'm kicking myself because I just bought the VHS set for $60 on Ebay plus $10 in shipping plus $2 for insurance. That means for a lousy $4.50 I could have had the DVD set Smile . Oh well, lesson learned...
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
Magicgirl:

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered and saved some cash!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Penguinmagic.com has good prices and free shipping on the stuff they have. Well worth looking into.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sankey's Secret Files or Very Best of Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL