The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review Wanted: Derek Dingle's Last Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tupawk
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of tupawk
I did a search for Derek Dingle's Last Notes and not much really came up... Does anyone have this and if so how is it?

Thanks!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Unfortunatly the notes are sold out, but there is an opption.
Look here on this add from Hank Lee:

Derek Dingle's Last Notes is now on CD-ROM! If you missed out on buying the original manuscript, it can be yours digitally! The 46 page book has been converted into a PDF file which can be viewed on your personal computer. (Mac & PC)
Every magician loved to see Derek perform. They loved to see effects from "Dingle's Deception's" and "The Complete Works of Derek Dingle." But when Derek worked for real people, he did five classic effects. He did them better than anyone else. Here, for the first time, is Derek's Walk Around Close Up Act. Every effect was routined to be instantly repeatable. No reset. This is what makes the act perfect for walk around magic. No stealthy trips to the bathroom are necessary. Everything is included: Sleights, routine and complete patter.
Routine includes:
Ambitious Card: The signed card ends up in an envelope. The notes also explain how to set the envelope during the routine.
Ring Flight: Performed without a jacket. A real stunner.
Coins Across: Performed under test conditions in the spectator's hand. Direct, clear and very funny.
Cigarette Through Quarter: Another Great insight into Derek's magical mind. Here you learn how to turn a weakness into a strength.
The Collectors: This never before published effect is included to give the reader an insight into Dereck's thinking. The Collector effect has been tackled by many great card men. Derek simplified the handling and eliminated one of the plot’s major flaws. An understanding of this effect will improve your performance immensely.
Also included in this collection:
The FB Pass: If you've ever seen it you know it is the best. It's easier than you think but it has never been fully or adequately described, until now. Very few people do a good pass, even fewer do Derek's. These notes teach Derek's pass. Completely illustrated.
The Derek Dingle Fabulous Jumping Card Trick: This is Derek's handling of the Edward Victor “Eleven Card Trick” and it is one of his favorites. Edward Victor's plot has been retained but all of the handling has been changed. The false count is completely explained.
The Whispering Queen: A quick, funny version with variations by Simon Lovell and Rich Marotta.
Sympathetic Cards: Includes Derek's work on how to make gimmicked cards.
With: Additional material by Richard Kaufman.
All of Derek's lines, jokes and bits are included.

Price: $29.95
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
The local magic store in raleigh has a few copies and I was looking at it as well. It looks like good stuff. I assume you own it? useful stuff?

SPEED
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
I have one of the originals and like it very much. However, much of the material is available in other sources--primarily The Complete Works Of Derek Dingle, so it may be redundant for you. (His coins across and version of the 11 Card Trick come to mind.) However, it also acts as a memorial to Dingle, and I found the tributes to him, and anecdotes about him to be quite touching. There is also some very solid information, including some nice tips on performing the ACR and Ring Flight.

I'd say if you can get your hands on the print version, do so.
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review Wanted: Derek Dingle's Last Notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL