The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best Of Friends III (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Anyone have this book by Harry Lorayne? It hit the market a couple weeks ago. How about a review? Thank you.
Cardamagically,
:hypnodisk: KRaZy4KaRdZ Smile
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
347 Posts

Profile of KLG
I've ordered this but haven't received my copy yet, but I live in Hong Kong. Any body had received the book?
tgaffney
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of tgaffney
I had an email from Harry that the book was slightly delayed at the printer
due (in part) to all the bad winter weather in the USA.

I am waiting for my copy!
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Yes, me too. I really can't wait to have a glance of the book. Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8471 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
All present orders are in the mail!! Finally. As of just yesterday. Andrew,you're going to wait a long time, since I don't have an order from you. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of snushy
Can't wait for my copy!
I'm just back from a week in Vegas with my wife and 8 year old son, Noah. We saw lots of magic.
I was pleasantly surprised to see, in one of the Houdini magic shop tourist traps, a copy of "My Favorite Card Tricks" for sale. That and the Tarbell course were the only "real" items in the shop!
Coincidentally, I had a copy back in my hotel room which I had brought from NY to read on the plane.
Larry Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
246 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Harry,
Can you give us here on the board a price for Best of Friends 3? Or do we need to email you?
Thanks
Wade
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of snushy
From the ad in the current Genii:
BOF III is $76.95 plus $7.95 for US shipping. Total of $84.90
Contact Harry directly for ordering.
Best,
Larry Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8471 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
That's correct,if you send a check or Postal Money Order. For credit card or PayPal payment, please add $5.00 to cover extra charges. Best bet is to email me directly at the email address below. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
246 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Thanks to both you gentlemen. Time to start bothering the wife for a few extra bucks here and there. And Harry, when ready I will send you an email.
Thanks again
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
347 Posts

Profile of KLG
That's great news. Can't wait to receive my copy!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Well, it's the 24th of May and I still haven't seen a review on this book. Anyone read this yet? What's your opinion?
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>>DOM
:) Smile Smile Smile

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5394 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I personally love this book. It offers a huge selection of “A” material from an incredible list of creators/performers. I am not anywhere near getting all the way through it, given that it offers 522 pages, and roughly 130 items from 40+ contributors (“A” list of names, as well) but I’m certainly enjoying reading and working my way toward the final page. With more and more single item, $15 - $20+ releases (many of which aren’t worth the cost of the free shipping) it’s amazing (and heartening) to find such a value, filled with the caliber of material and quality of instruction that Harry Lorayne is so well known for, and continues to deliver.

My two cents... Smile
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
683 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
As a matter of fact, I like a lot of the material in this book, too. It is almost as good as the first volume, which is my favourite volume in the series with lots of stuff that was rather groundbreaking.
(I only wish that it had line drawings like the other volumes instead of photographs, which I usually prefer.)

Denis
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8471 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Hi: There was, is, a review of BEST OF FRIENDS, VOL. 3 in the June (I think) issue of GENII magazine (by Mike Close). People who know me, or rather my work, don't wait for reviews. And I don't bother sending review copies to anyone. Those who want to do reviews have to "manage" on their own. I honestly don't need reviews. Interesting - everyone is raving about, well, at least happy about, the wonderfully clear and explanatory photographs of my hands in the book - but, "there's always one". HL

DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2007-05-24 11:35, Denis Behr wrote:
As a matter of fact, I like a lot of the material in this book, too. It is almost as good as the first volume, which is my favourite volume in the series with lots of stuff that was rather groundbreaking.
(I only wish that it had line drawings like the other volumes instead of photographs, which I usually prefer.)

Denis

Thanks Denis, I feel that Volume I is the best also and the drawings are a work of art IMHO.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRazy4KaRdZ>>> DOM
:) Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile
themagicofdrew
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of themagicofdrew
BOF 3 is AWESOME! I have been fooling everyone with Guess Quotient for the past week. The entire book is full of WORKABLE TRICKS! That's right, a book full of tricks that you WILL use and will fit perfectly into any serious worker's set list. This book is easy worth twice the asking price.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5962 Posts

Profile of motown
How does the quality of the material in Volume 3 compare with Volumes 1 & 2?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
themagicofdrew
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of themagicofdrew
Motown, this is the best submission I have ever seen from Harry. It blows it predessors out of the water. The Allen Ackerman and Andi Gladwin Material is top notch. There is an awesome Max Maven Card Trick, and Sol Stone's material is (as always) awesome. $500+ pages of usable material.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5962 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks! Good to hear.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best Of Friends III (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL