The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Strke Havana Deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
Have you ever seen a havana deal (Meaning stud bottom deal taking the card with the hand palm down and then turn it face up) using a strike method?

I was wondering becouse all the havana deals I've seen used push off technique, either the one that Alan Ackerman teaches and Marlo performs in his vid Seconds, Centers, Bottoms and teaches in his book Revolutionary Card Technique.

I was wondering this becouse I'm kind of the strike bottom deal Marlo uses with hsi Master Grip and I do not want to change the grip or the fingers at all.

Best Regards
Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
I've tried to figure it out, but couldn't get very far with a strike havana. If I deal stud from the bottom, I will take in the same way as usual, but flip the card up by rotating my wrist towards me. Kind of the opposite action as the more common stud, but I've seen it used by regular folks as well.
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
The same happened to me splice, I've tried to figure it out but I could not find a decent solution, so I do as you do.

Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hi. I haven't learnt this from a source, just been trying it myself. It isn't that difficult really. Just take the card with the thumb. I could show you, do you have msn?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I think you will find the deal easier to do than a regular bottom because the large hand motion of dealing face-up stud covers a lot of sins.

I have done it in years...but, used to do it when I was in my 20s. Note: You can also do it with a "greek" bottom (ie. with the bottom card reversed, so you deal the second card from the bottom).

Funny how people think that a cut card protects them Smile Especially the plastic cut cards...they are nice and flexable Smile
Long Island,

New York
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
I find that a deceptive stud bottom is acheived when the thumb of the hand that takes does not go under the deck. This is not to say a strike stud bottom is useless, simply to point out that the havana style push out stud bottom has the advantage of maintaining a robust illusion of taking the top card.

Regards,

Paul H
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of magician8
I'm not sure if it's a havana deal, but I think I've seen Simon Loovell do it in GAMBLING MOVES WITH CARDS. I've tried it and it looks good
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Strke Havana Deal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL