The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Levitating a flame from a candle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick_Beamz
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Nick_Beamz
Thought this would be one for the workers... Has anyone seen something like this, where you could light a candle and make the flame float away from the candle and back?

I thought of this effect a while back. I'm just wondering how you could use IT without it snappin' 'cause of the heat...

NBz
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Nick,
Jay Scott Berry created a gimmick for this in the early '90s. I don't see it offered on his website anymore, though.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
TT Z***** Gimmick cut down - I use one from a cheap floating rose.

The wax residue on the candle will feed the flame for the short duration of the levitation, but you need a bit of shaped wax on the bottom so the wick will stay upright when you return it to the candle.

The candle generally doesn't work for long once it's returned though, so I return it and then blow out the candle, indicating the end of the, dare I say it... trick.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2879 Posts

Profile of dpe666
There used to be (maybe there still is) a thumb tip type of a gimmick that had a wick in it. It worked sort of like the wick in a appearing/vanishing candle. If you can find one, you could make it appear as if the flame was floating behind your hand, and then return it to the candle. Very simple method and sure fire (pun intended). Smile
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
You might be talking about a Thumb Tip Flame, which is produced by Fantasio.
They can be found HERE
Taurus
View Profile
New user
Canada
72 Posts

Profile of Taurus
They can also be made VERY easily. I made one yesterday.
Subscribe to the Magic Week in Review Podcast

www.itricks.com
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Taurus, how did you make yours? I'd like to make one. Thanks.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
913 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Flames to fingertips is available at<www.funtimemagic.com>
This is not the TT variety and you can make multiple flames at your finger tips.
U can lift of a flame from the candle and leave the candle burning intact.A simple modification and you can lift the candle tip(burning) alongwith.
mui_eric
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mui_eric
Mindshrink,

Have you try "Flames to fingertips " before..
Can you give any comment on this product.

THanks
ERIC
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
I got a floating flame from lighter years and years ago, it didn't use IT, but I didn't like the method either. Never used it.
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I use a gimmick that is a flesh colored metal ring that fits halfway around a chosen finger that has got a wick for the fluid. It’s great, but I’m not sure what they called it. I picked it up 8 yrs ago, I’m not sure if they still make anything like it. But the Vernet thumb tip flame might work for you, depending on your application and angles.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
The floating bill (Kennedy) had put out some 29 yrs ago if my memory serves me. I saw him at the yogi magic in Maryland with such effect candle lit flame traveled accross and back, don't know if this helps or not guys.
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
I apologize I meant 20 yrs aprox.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Levitating a flame from a candle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL