We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kolossal Killer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Kenton Knepper's "Kolossal Killer" was recently brought to my attention by the dear Mumblepeas.

Here's the effect:

Spectator just names a playing card, and you have the correct card in your wallet.
100% accurate, I understand.

Ungimmicked wallet, too...

In fact the darned thing is a manuscript
just go to
http://www.magicsmith.com
and search for Kolossal Killer.

Does anyone here perform this or know someone who does?

Is this as "killer" as it sounds?

I am indeed intrigued...

Many thanks

Gonz

:carrot: Smile
Hello.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I perform my own version of it, and yes, it is absolutely worth every penny--at least to a worker!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
How does that card (any card) get in there? Impossible! Is it a psychological thing? Is it a true selection?

Obviously none of these questions can be answered...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5370 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The card is in the wallet from the start of effect (and in my case, always!). There is a “linguistic” bit involved that does not rise to the level of being a “psychological thing”. It is a true and mostly free selection. I honestly cannot say more without overstepping the bounds of what is allowed here.

It does not have to use a wallet. A creative “worker” will use the principal in any number of ways.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
221 Posts

Profile of IanB
I bought this effect two years ago and have had it set-up in my wallet 24-7 ever since.

I have used it countless times and I personally believe that it is worth double the asking price for any real world worker.

The effect on a lay person is superb!!

It has my highest recommendation and I hope few people find out about it and use it because I'd like to keep it all to myself!!

Smile
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I do not do many card effects.
Please allow me to say to you, that this effect absolutely slaughters with the right presentation. It is killer.
I have witnessed some of the best card magic in the world, literally. I believe that this effect is in the top five best.
Ah, but that's just my opinion, However, if you like magic that leaves people breathless, and stunned, buy this effect.
If you don't like people to experience magical moments, and like your stuff to fall flat. don't buy it.

Magically

Reed McClintock
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Wow.
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.
Looks like this thing has just jumped to the top of my magic wish list.

Can this effect also be used as an 'out' at all?

many thanks
Gonz

:carrot: Smile
Hello.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Gonz:

I carry it and use it as an out, and think it is a great out.

Gianni
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
221 Posts

Profile of IanB
Gonz

I have never had to use it as an out yet, but it would be perfect for that.

I use it sparingly as a singular effect when I really want to kill them!!

For goodness sake Smile buy it!!

You won't be disappointed. Smile
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Anyone use Killer Konceptions? An apparant improvment on Kollosal Killer. I'd like some feedback on this manuscript.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
It's not an improvement so much as a collection of variations from Kenton and numerous other performers. There are all sorts of variations of different ways to prepare and present the effect. From what I've read of it (I saw an early copy that I believe didn't have everything in the final manuscript), if you like the effect, you'll love Killer Konceptions. If you have mixed feelings on the original, you may be won over by this manuscript. If you absolutely hate the original, odds are this isn't for you, either.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I do a version of Larry Becker's version of it with a couple changes I made, I absolutely love it!

Smile
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
290 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Kolossal Killer is a great trick. You keep it with you all the time. It has a certain punch line to it I can't elaborate on here so as not to tip the method. As Knepper recommends, I set it up so that this punch line is used every time, and it makes the trick even more entertaining and surprising. It's REALLY worth it. You'll say "why didn't I think of that." But you didn't–so get the trick.
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
Kollosal Killer and Killer Konceptions are just that, Killers! Hunter
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
I am thinking of buying it, because it is apparently incredible. However, can it be carried in a wallet everyday without it getting in the way? also, is it completely impromptu?
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
I was thinking of getting this as well.
Is this in anyway similar to Richard Osterlin's effect with the card on the table? (From his book,,.. I forgot the name.) Just curious.

E-Leoni.
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
290 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
lesterkirad
Yes, it is COMPLETELY impromptu. Yes, you can carry it with you all the time without disrupting your wallet, unless, like me, you use your wallet as a file cabinet for receipts, check stubs, etc., and rarely clean it out. But that junk is getting in the way of Kolossal Killer, not the reverse! Credit cards, cash, and Kolossal Killer all can peacefully co-exist in your wallet. It's not like you're carrying a deck in your wallet!
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Thanks to everyone's great reviews, I am buying Kolossal Killer. I can't wait to start performing it. It might not belong in this section, but does anyone have any other ideas of what to do with it besides the 'standard routine'? or should I buy Killer Konceptions?
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Kolossal Killer is a good effect, but you don't need Killer Konceptions the book was a disapointment for me.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Ooh. Smile I was thinking about getting Killer Konceptions. Anyone else let down by that?
Yakworld.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kolossal Killer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL