We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kolossal Killer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2170 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I am supprised to hear Mega's comment about Konceptions; to me, this is a MUST. There are many variations and IMPROVEMENTS, as Knepper himself states that are outlined in this book. It gets your creative juices flowing. I took two ideas from the book, combined with two of my own and paired them so that after I pull out the "correct" prediction, after a "free" selection, my entire everyday wallet can then be COMPLETELY examined (no, not the buisness card wallet version outlined in the book; although that is great as well)
Funny story: Last week I was on a Southwest flight to Vegas and just that morning I came up with the above idea and loaded my wallet with it before we left. The flight attendant came on the PA about halfway through the flight and said to kill time they would allow anyone with a talent to come to the front of the plane and perform it for a free drink (my first time on Southwest-Iwasn't dissapointed.) A couple people told jokes and a Priest even sang in Latin. My wife prompted me to do some mindreading and I did the abouve for the stewardess and completely KILLED her and actually got a huge round of applause from the passengers! About three free drinks and three efects later we landed in Vegas.LOL
If you like KILLER buy Knoceptions-u will love it.
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
owenwildboy
View Profile
New user
Owen Wilder
59 Posts

Profile of owenwildboy
I love this effect. The good thing about it is there are so many variations, you can pretty much adapt killer to suit your own style and working.
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
To throw in my opinion...

Killer Konceptions is a great follow up to Kolossal Killer.

I think more that anything, it can really inspire you to come up with your own variations of Kolassal Killer.

Thanks...

Mike
Peter695
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Peter695
http://www.wonderwizards.com/item.php?id=18#

May I suggest that you consider the pleasure of purchasing directly from Kenton at the above link.

Peter
pradip_rao
View Profile
New user
Bombay, India
67 Posts

Profile of pradip_rao
I have'nt seen Kollosal Killer in its original form.

What I have seen is Larry Beckers version of this effect on the Dessert Brainstorm video series.

It is impressive, to say the least.
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
221 Posts

Profile of IanB
E-Leoni

Just to let you know that "Kollosal Killer" is nothing like the Osterlind effect you mention.

That effect is "Miracle Thought Projection" on page 37 of his "Dynamic Mysteries" book.

I have used this also with great success but it simply does not compare to "Kollosal Killer". That is real magic !!

Smile
Mr Secret-ary
View Profile
Regular user
Bath, England
106 Posts

Profile of Mr Secret-ary
Hmmm. Definitely not shoddy...

:bikes: Smile
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Coming in rather late on this topic, I still have to ask one thing. As someone wrote it uses a bit of linguistics. BUT, are those "linguistics" translatable, I mean: Im from Sweden, and I wonder if I still could use it. Is there somebody else from a non-english speaking country here?

Sincerly yours,
Daniel Young
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5370 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Vision, YES! It is a simple phrase that translates in any language. It is used as an “out” in the original handling!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Vision, I've done it speaking chinese, and I can barely speak chinese, lol. Smile
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
saglaser
View Profile
Loyal user
Champaign, IL
248 Posts

Profile of saglaser
After I dunno how long of hearing folks rave about Kolossal Killer and the reactions they get, I bought the original KK manuscript. No doubt about it, it's gorgeous. Except....

I carry so much unfortunately necessary crap in my wallet that it does look as if I could be carrying a whole deck in there, rendering the effect useless for me. Maybe someday...
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
290 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Yes, that is my big problem too. Too much junk in my wallet.

Incidentally, Mumblepeas, I don't use the linguistic as an "out." I make sure it is always used. For example, six of clubs. No linguistis needed right, but I go six of spades on purpose, if you know what I mean. I think the "linguistics" make the routine all the more engaging. Actually, I think he recommends this as one variation in his manuscript.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Im from sweden and I have done Larry Beckers version countless times. The spectators loves this effect. I have streamlined this version, at the end I can show the wallet empty for the spectator.
To get maximum impact on this effect, get a crystal clear patter with some fun twistes. I perform this effect in swedish and sometimes in english, works everytime. I have also done this effect several times in impromtu situations with a great result.
I did this killer effect for magicians and they were very impressed.
First time I saw this effect was in one of Larry Beckers videos. He had a great presentation.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5370 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dave, your presentation idea is right on. I agree with you that missing a bit and having to use the “out” as the central part of the presentation makes the effect stronger.

I’ve performed it both ways since I got the manuscript, but mainly performed it as a major production piece in a club act. I involve several people discarding colors, suits then numbers of cards (in an imaginary deck).

I have performed it your way, twice, since reading your post. I found that the reaction was very strong! It goes back to the old axiom in mentalism that being wrong (a little off!) sells the validity of the phenomena!

For you guy’s with fat wallets! Get rid of them! You don’t need one-tenth of the junk you are carrying (hey, I’m psychic so I know!!). You do not need to be carrying all those old photos of the family or the receipts to the meal you ate a year ago and paid for with your credit card or all those random slips of paper with phone numbers on them that you never refer to. Get rid of them.

The only thing you need in your wallet is your drivers license (or I.D. card), two credit cards, some cash, and of course Kolossal Killer! And frankly, you would be better off without the credit cards!

Years ago a famous Clinical Psychologist said in an interview that “the fatter the man’s wallet the more insecure the man!” You don’t need to carry your life in your wallet! Clean it out!

And for those of you who feel that absolutely EVERYTHING now residing in their wallets MUST remain, then DON’T USE THAT WALLET for the effect!! Get a second and very thin wallet, set it up, and carry it in a different pocket! Get Killer Konceptions. It has ideas that don’t use wallets, ideas that has you loading a wallet (Doug Henning’s working), Ideas using mini-cards and so forth. It ought to get your creative juices flowing.

If you have Kolossal Killer then you have the basic principle. Maybe you should think of ways to apply it differently.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2170 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
the Greene Mental Force is a daily worker for me (with his "index", using folded poker size red cards, as an out if needed) Konceptions owners will know what I mean..this takes up almost NO room.
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
I've found in "Ingenuities" by Ken Krenzel (but written by Stephen Minch) an effect called "Fired Up" that is inspired by Kolossal Killer. I don't own KK, so I cannot compare the two. If anyone knows both I'd like to know if it is worth buying KK knowing "Fired Up" already. Thanks.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
AS far as wallet problems go I use a BKM wallet which works wonderfully for me & I use it as an everyday wallet(naturally I wear suits or sport jackets). With this wallet I can use it for any version of teh card to wallet that it is designed for & the oppisite side of the Mullica section is loaded for KK. When performing KK I remove the mullica section & isolate it so when I reveal the selection the thought of having an entire deck contained within is removed or not considered.
chrisw
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, England
17 Posts

Profile of chrisw
Gio, already having Ingenuities, you'll probably feel hard done by if you buy KK - it won't teach you anything you don't already know (I having done just exactly that about a week ago Smile). However, I still think it's worthwhile buying the original just to see the thought that went into it and to see how it evolved into the Krenzel effect.

Just in case you're not aware - performed without embelishment, KK is much more direct than Fired Up, there's no story telling, you literally ask the spectator to name a card and proceed to pull it out of your wallet. Which one you use will just depend on your personal preferences I guess.

Hope that helps,
chris
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
Chris, thank you very much. You've been very helpful. Maybe before or later I'll buy the original effect, as you suggest, but I'll surely try the "Fired Up" version before.

Gio
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Hello Guys,
Your comments are very helpful. Thanks. One question, is KK instantly resetable? Can you repeat it immediately?
:righton:
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kolossal Killer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL