The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Creativity in Children's Entertainment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tom
Thanks a lot, only two mistakes well that is a tremendous improvement from how many mistakes I made before I became a grammar host. Tom believe it or not I use a dictionary all the time. Please feel free to help me when ever you can, believe me I need it.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1142 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Al, Too words for you. Spell Cheque. Smile Eye use it all ways.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Tom Riddle
View Profile
Special user
Chelsea, UK
507 Posts

Profile of Tom Riddle
"Cheque" may be a word which shortly becomes obsolete in England. It will be replaced by "cash." In case our American friends do not know what I am talking about, CHECK this out:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jig6j......x2KaUXzw
"Yes, Virginia, there really are people named Riddle...isn't that AMAZING! And to think of all the royalties I'm missing out on! SCANDALOUS!"

Thomas Williamson Riddle III
Chelsea, UK
vincentmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of vincentmagic
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 13:00, Smarty Pants wrote:
There has been a lot of discussion on the Café about those entertainers who work out of a suitcase, and those who lug trunks full of dealers standard colorful wooden and metal props into a show. There is no right or wrong to this, but do you think children actually notice if you have large colorful props, and fancy painted tables? I don't believe they do. The magic is in YOU, the performer, not in the props. The props are merely a vehicle to project the wonderful, larger than life personality of you the performer. You will be the one to amaze the little ones, to make them laugh, and to make them happy. You will be the one they want to invite back year after year to entertain at their birthday party. It has little to do with your props. They will not be inviting your props back....they will be inviting you back. Get Creative!
This is one of the best posts I've seen. I agree totally. I have several shows. Most are pack small, play big routines. If you are a good entertainer, you can make a small piece of Magic big! It is you the entertainer that makes the show great!
vincentmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of vincentmagic
Quote:
There has been a lot of discussion on the Café about those entertainers who work out of a suitcase, and those who lug trunks full of dealers standard colorful wooden and metal props into a show. There is no right or wrong to this, but do you think children actually notice if you have large colorful props, and fancy painted tables? I don't believe they do. The magic is in YOU, the performer, not in the props. The props are merely a vehicle to project the wonderful, larger than life personality of you the performer. You will be the one to amaze the little ones, to make them laugh, and to make them happy. You will be the one they want to invite back year after year to entertain at their birthday party. It has little to do with your props. They will not be inviting your props back....they will be inviting you back. Get Creative!
This is one of the best posts I've seen. I agree totally. I have several shows. Most are pack small, play big routines. If you are a good entertainer, you can make a small piece of Magic big! It is you the entertainer that makes the show great!
vincentmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of vincentmagic
Quote:
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Well, you don't need to say it three times! Though of course, the "rule of three" is one of our standard devices. I still feel that great props enhance a show, and even if you're the best magician in the World, kids will still love you more if you have some crazy, funky props and puppets for them. There is no doubt that if you learn to engage kids with your humour and personality, you'll win most of them over, but adding in the big, bright colourful boxes and Wacky props will engage them in other ways.
My attitude has always been to provide a galaxy of wonder and fun. That might mean some clever finger-flinging, but much more often, it's about hilarious patter, careful routining, logical show building, plenty of "stuff" to look at, and variety......LOTS of variety. And possibly the most important thing of all - connecting with your audience at whatever level you find them.
I'm pleased to see that some folks are starting to search the archives here at the MC. Virtually every question has already been answered, and it makes a lot more sense to dig up an old thread and revive it, than to ask the same old question again and again.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Creativity in Children's Entertainment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL