The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kurtz serial number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Q&A
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Q&A
I was I France and met a couple from montreal who had been to gary kurtz's theater show. The girl said she went on stage and that gary was able to divine the serial numbers of a ten dollar note she took out of her wallet. She claimed he never touched her ten. Has anyone seen gary's show, who can describe from a mentalist/magicians perpective the sequence of events that take place when he perform his note reading. Her discription is that of a layman and I was looking for a more trained eye. So I could work out the method in my head.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
And probably, even being a layman (or was she a laywoman? Smile) at least part of what she said is the truth.

As a matter of facts, you do NOT always need to switch bills or even to touch a bill to know its serial number.

Tim Conover has a brilliant (UNPUBLISHED) effect in which he does not even touch bills.

Andrew Gerard had a great (hi-tech) method too.

I have my "E.S.P. PSYCHOMETRY" method which, once again, allows me not having to switch or even touch any bill in order for me to know the serial numbers on it.

Patrick Redford has yet another method (a mix of methods, to be specific) in his upcoming book "TRIANGLE".

Point is that, while Gary Kurtz will have for sure his method which could be the same or be different to one of our methods, if he really does not need to touch bills or switch them, then there's is really little a magician or a Mentalist could tell you, except to bluntly reveal you the secret, IF they know it.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
How is that possible?
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's Magic....Geeez!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 07:06, aussiemagic wrote:
How is that possible?

I would believe anything and everything Paolo says. After his recent Diction PDF I wouldn't doubt anything he says!

Divining a serial number on a spec's bill without switching or touching it ... com'n, how is this possible Paolo?

John
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Paolo...you have my mind wirring again!

Ken
-The real world
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Tim's method is amazing and he has not published anything until today.
He only share stuff with his friends.

Gary Method is amazing as well.
He sahre stuff with some of his friends.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Guys, you are right! I was cheating! It's impossible to do that Smile

And the proof of the pudding will be the ESP Psychometry .pdf file that I will share only with some people (Lior, of course, being one!)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
We have the same friends Paolo
So we are friends as well.
Simple logic

Paolo is not one person
he is many
they have too many good ideas for one person
It's impossible that one person is so clever..

I will send you the "mobile opener" again Smile

C U soon
Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 08:46, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 07:06, aussiemagic wrote:
How is that possible?

Divining a serial number on a spec's bill without switching or touching it ... com'n, how is this possible Paolo?

John

I gotta quote myself on this one...

Of, courese I was kidding. I trust Paolo can do this!

J
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Paolo,
After you have released it to "some people" will it be available to "the rest of us" at some point? ;-)
Paul
P.S. we have the same name does that qualify me ;-)
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
It's not possible. But then again a lot of the above authors you list have proven me wrong in the past. This isn't another case of 'doing it for real' is it?
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Lior,

Thanks for your kind words. Smile And thanks for sending me the "updated MOBILE OPENER"!

Paul,

Don't know, yet. Too many factors in play right now.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 09:37, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Guys, you are right! I was cheating! It's impossible to do that Smile

And the proof of the pudding will be the ESP Psychometry .pdf file that I will share only with some people (Lior, of course, being one!)

Thank you for always offering PDF files. How do we get added to your list of sharing? Or do we just make a wish list and wait? Smile
Harry Truman
View Profile
Regular user
England
156 Posts

Profile of Harry Truman
Well, we can only hope I suppose Smile

Sounds fantastic, as usual, Paolo. I wish you the best of luck with the routine and those that you share it with.

Q&A, I hope you can find a routine to suit your needs. I'll have a look through my collection of manuscripts again and see if I can find something that sounds similar to what you have described.
"Man's highest reward for his dedication to the pursuit of excellence is not what he gets from it, but what he becomes through it."
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Guys, for the time being do not forget TRIANGLE (the upcoming book by Patrick Redford).

As I posted above, in that pamphlet there is a sneaky routine with serial numbers, as well as other two well-thought out routines!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Smile
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Is there a website where we can find Triangle?
How_Soon_Is_Now
View Profile
New user
Israel
58 Posts

Profile of How_Soon_Is_Now
Q&A - You can find effect meeting the description you gave in Marvin Kaye's "Handbook of mental magic".

I believe Gary didn't use any of those new pamphlets mentioned here, but instead that he read through the classics.

Eli
"I know your trail of tears, your slip of hand/ Your monkey paw, your monkey claw/ And you monkey hand/ I've seen your trick of blood, your trap of fire/ Your ancient wound, your scarlet moon/ And your jailhouse smile" - Cave
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Paolo,

I have no friends. Your pdf would be safe with me. Smile

-Feral
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kurtz serial number (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL