The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 300 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I'm definitely seeing it this weekend. Looks incredible.

<-----And this is random, but my post count is significant!
cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
I'm seeing it in imax here in the city where they filmed it. can't wait.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I'm sure it will be at our IMAX's too, but I don't think I can handle that much intenseness.

Lion King in IMAX was extremely intense, so this movie would be way too mind-blowing.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
I believe it looks good, however, dark-colored screens/ shots are not appreciated by my eyes. Seems like the trailer shows scenes often done in night time. *sighs* I would love to see it though.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I've read the novel, so awesome. Can't wait for the movie.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I think the color of the scenes makes it even more amazing. Adds to it.

I loved the colors they made O Brother, Where Art Thou? Really gave a real feel of the time period (although I wasn't around then to know how it really was)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The clips on TV look VERY CGI.

Compare to Imortal and similar and we have a very strange future for films.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I don't get the trailer. It seems very choppy and CGIish. Although I understand that this is the "style" of the film, I find it hard to watch.

"I loved the colors they made O Brother, Where Art Thou? Really gave a real feel of the time period (although I wasn't around then to know how it really was)"
That was funny Magicman226
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Here's a few fun facts (as I remember them):

300 was filmed almost entirely on blue screen with minimal physical props/landforms to interact with.

300 was filmed with 30 extras - everyone else is a computer based by-product

The final cut of 300 was compressed so the film appeared as a moving watercolor painting (giving it that asthetic appeal).

Can't Wait!

Derek Merdinyan
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 22:41, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
I don't get the trailer. It seems very choppy and CGIish. Although I understand that this is the "style" of the film, I find it hard to watch.

The trailer turned me off as well. The story is based on one of the great battles of history but the trailer makes me tend to think they went for a " look" rather than a story. I don't know if I could take 2 hrs of that " look" without it giving me a headache.

If the two hours of the visuals didn't succeed in giving me a headache then I'm sure the way Gerard Butler screams his lines throughout the entire film would give me a headache on its own!!!

Best,

Tim
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I say some weird stuff sometimes, mrbilldentertainer.

They really did do a good job on that movie though. One of my favorites.

There have been some interesting looking films recently. A Scanner Darkly had a really interesting film style if anyone saw that. Very trippy, though.
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I turned off A Scanner Darkly after about 10 minutes.

I'm interested in 300, though I'll wait for the DVD.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you like Frank Miller... today his Martha Washington story with the death of a "Captain America - like" character came all too true.

Sadly.

Bye Cap. Bye Jack (and Joe)

Thanks for the warning Frank.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
This will be very, very good.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 10:53, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:

The trailer turned me off as well. The story is based on one of the great battles of history but the trailer makes me tend to think they went for a " look" rather than a story. I don't know if I could take 2 hrs of that " look" without it giving me a headache.

If the two hours of the visuals didn't succeed in giving me a headache then I'm sure the way Gerard Butler screams his lines throughout the entire film would give me a headache on its own!!!

Best,

Tim

So, he hasn't improved all that much since "Phantom of the Opera," eh?

My daughter refers to these kinds of films as "Shake stick and yell!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 20:15, Jim Poor wrote:
I turned off A Scanner Darkly after about 10 minutes.

I'm interested in 300, though I'll wait for the DVD.

The movie was really weird, and I only watched a few minutes as well. I just thought the way they made it was pretty interesting.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Choppy? What are you talking about? Better yet what are you watching it on? Probably your computer more than the trailer itself, heh.

And it's a graphic novel, not a historic class movie, what do you expect? If you want history go watch a documentary. Or more to the point, a Frank Miller graphic novel, so look is a big part of it. And things in that trailer look exactly as they do in the graphic novel.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I've already read the novel a couple times through. It's awesome, I'm so ready for it! Me and my friend got tickets for 6:45 tomorrow. Time to pull out my superman gimmick

(muahah copy and paste
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 10:53, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:

Best,

Tim

Timothy...I'd like you to scream at 300 people and see if they listen to you Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 01:29, Blindside785 wrote:
Timothy...I'd like you to scream at 300 people and see if they listen to you Smile

LOL.... You'll have to tell us what you thought of it. I normally like Butler's acting but this performance just seemed over the top.

Looking forward to your review.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 300 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL