The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Working UK Racecourses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Has anyone tried busking at any of the various horse race meetings around the uk? I know there was something 'magical' happening at York last year but I don't think it was quite the same.

Any idea on race organisers attitude towards magic and busking?

TIA
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I used to work Newbury Races during the season as it was only twenty minets from me.
Don`t do it cold, contact the gaffers or you could get thrown out.
Steer clear of the con demo`s,,,three card etc, Race go`ers are heavy gamblers and heavy loser`s,,,,regards the bottle,,,this can be very poor, so best to be employed as an attraction rather than busk.

Through being seen at Newbury I was booked by Globe Victory Events to perform at every Race Track in the UK for a full season,,,so it paid off good for me.

Ken
Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Interesting Ken, thanks.

I would have thought the hats would be erratic but on average high due to the amount of money being thrown around by the race-going types.

I might try the odd one anyway - could be interesting if not all that fruitful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Working UK Racecourses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL