The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Polarity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

citizenc
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of citizenc
Check this out. Just finished shooting and editing this video with Sean and Justin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYJiIDNm2GY
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4456 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Looks sweeeeeeeeet!!! When is it going to be available?!?!?!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Maybe it's me, but I don't really see the point of the effect. Some of his moves are really quick which look "sneaky" and it looks just like a p****e move with c*** w****. Am I missing what the effect is supposed to show?
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
*** **** ****** *** ** ***** ******** ** ** * ******* ** * ***** * ****** *******.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4456 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 20:18, MagicBrent wrote:
Maybe it's me, but I don't really see the point of the effect. Some of his moves are really quick which look "sneaky" and it looks just like a p****e move with c*** w****. Am I missing what the effect is supposed to show?

I think what you are doing is looking at it like a Magician. Some will like it, others won't, it's only natural, I think it looks awesome
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 20:18, MagicBrent wrote:

Yes, looks like a variant of the good old C**d W**p (except that the cut is length wise). I too don't really see the point of the effect as the effect takes place at a very fast pace.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
It is a version of Card Warp; nobody was debating that fact. However, the handling is very unique, which allows for such blinding transformations.
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of solidoak
The different handling may be appealing to some performers, and the last display looked very nice. Many will like the sudden movements and flash changes. However, I think I'll stick with the slower, cleaner traditional presentation.
Rick
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
That's cool, solidoak. This video isn't meant to try to sell you on anything.

People have seen my do my stuff. I thought it would be cool to showcase some of my friends, and THEIR magic on Bootlegs & B-Sides.

I personally LOVE Justin's effect. To see it live is unreal! Justin does move abruptly, but that is Justin.

You are absolutely correct in saying some will like it, others will not though. I love it, you aren't so crazy about it. It is differences of opinion just like this one that help further our art.

Sean
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
I'm glad that people out there like it, it's one of my favorites to performer. As for the abrupt movement, that's due to being a little scared of the camera and not knowing where abouts it was. In the performace video a blew through all three changes, that way to not make a make a overly long video. The handling for the third change has since been updated to a more visual one, so no more of the up and down movement of the hands.

As for being a variation of card warp, I think it's closer to the Busby effect in the idea of no cover card. And yes it's only one card, no gimmicks, and you can be set to do it anytime during your set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Polarity (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL