The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Taylor Made Book Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gerryc
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gerryc
Has anyone seen , or have any experience, with The Taylor Made Book Test by David Taylor?
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Gerry,

David showed this to me last year when we were both working in Barcelona together. Itrs a really nice idea in my opinion and Dave is a real nice lad.

The method is certainly a variation on an older method (but then everything is these days) however when he showed me it flew right by me. I couldn't understand how he could ppossibly peek any information. I know the same is true for a few people who have seen the 'cockney geezer' perform it.

The major advantage of this booktest is that it doesn't cost an arm and aleg as you're not buying a specially printed book. This is something that if you sit down for half an hour...or less, you can be ready to perform.

That said, I havent seen the DVD yet. I can vouch for the method being pretty nice but as for the DVD I'm sure Pete Nardi and the guys have done a good job, seems to me that their production quality gets better each release!

Stay well.

Ken
-The real world
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Personally I'd say say at £13 it was definitely worth the money. Ken's summary was pretty accurate in that it is a variation on existing ideas, but it is certainly the best of those ideas that I have seen and ultimately it is very usuable.

As a bonus they also teach the hoy book test, and there is another fairly nice effect that uses the taylor made test to get one ahead.

As I said - not bad for £13. It is something I will use.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
So where is this test to be bought from?

I'm curious
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Alakazam.co.uk Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Kenguru
View Profile
Loyal user
Hungary & Israel
273 Posts

Profile of Kenguru
Be aware that when the ad says Any Book it means any book that you prepare before hand. It is not an impromptu AAA book test.

I think its pretty good and worth the money.

All right then. I'll go to hell. (Mark Twain)
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
The Taylor Made Book Test is a fabulous variation on an older method and is great value for money. David demmed this for me at the Blackpool convention last month and although I thought I knew exactly where he was gleaning the required information from, I was wrong !! As well as an in depth explanation of his dictionary book test, David teaches a very nice 'Secret Santa' routine using a store shopping catalogue.
Peter Nardi also gives a bonus demonstration of 'The Hoy Book Test', a totally impromptu book test which uses borrowed ungaffed books or magazines.
All this for under £13...

Paul.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Taylor Made Book Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL