The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Anyone know where to buy this briefcase? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Here is a picture from a magician I found. http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01320rf.jpg

Anyone ever see this anywhere or know where I can buy it? Thanks so much
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Staples, Office Depot, Look at office supply stores. Actually that looks exactly like my gun case that I keep 2 9MM Handguns in. Go to a sporting goods store or a store that sell guns. This is where you will find your case. And if you live near a Wal-mart they have this case in the sporting goods department. I have the exact same one and I bought it from Wal-mart for $ 30.00

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
I bought what was called a "Tool Box" at a local hardware store, like a Home Depot. Basically, it has the interior of a gun case with customizable foam inserts, and a nice inner holder for like pens, and such. What's nice is the foam inserts are just the right size of a standard deck of cards. It was like the case was made for the cards. If you'd like, I can post pictures of what I have so far, but go and look at Home Depot for something like your case.

Happy Hunting!

-Bill
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
AaronTheMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of AaronTheMagician
They hit the nail on the head for you, Evan.

Also, you can usually buy blocks of foam and custom cut (with an X-ACTO knife) your own insert spots. Smile
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Go to Home Depot or Lowe's They are called a "Technicians tool box."
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Please, magicbillik post pictures so I can know what I am looking for when I go. Thanks
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
Office depot has all kinds of shapes and sizes. The outside is black and they have a security lock on the outside price range between 20-30 dollars. Very nice products
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
It does look like Home Depot's Technicians tool box. I have one and it's a great case for $20.
It could also be a photographer's case used for high end camera equipment.
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I got one that looks like that at Home Depot. I think Lowe's has them too, and maybe Harbor Freight Company also.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are different "grades" of these, some with stronger hinges and better latches. If you go to Ritz Photo, you can find a really nice one, but it costs more than the ones from Lowe's or Home Depot. The surface has a better backing on it, though. It resists denting a bit better than the cheap ones.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I have a silver one from Lowe's as well, but I don't think they sell them anymore - at least I haven't seen them for over a year...........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I bought a silver one from Lowe's a few weeks ago. Holds all my stuff quite nicely. It cost $19.99...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
I bought a similar case from Home Depot. I then cut a piece of plywood and covered it with some batting and headliner material. Then I attached a 5/8 flange to the plywood and screwed that onto a heavy duty tripod mic stand.

So for a total of about $70.00 , I now have a performing table and case that can go anywhere and look professional too.
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
Tweet
View Profile
New user
Maryland
12 Posts

Profile of Tweet
I also have a similar case that I got from Harbor Freight co. It was $25 and is all I need to store a lot of material.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The problem is the tool boxes at those hareware stores do not have a combination lock as shown. Check out these:

http://www.irvs.com/image.php?itemno=TZA......=TZAC416

http://www.tuff-cases.com/briefcases2.html
mws7020
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mws7020
Quote:
On 2007-03-12 23:45, magicbillk wrote:
I bought what was called a "Tool Box" at a local hardware store, like a Home Depot. Basically, it has the interior of a gun case with customizable foam inserts, and a nice inner holder for like pens, and such. What's nice is the foam inserts are just the right size of a standard deck of cards. It was like the case was made for the cards. If you'd like, I can post pictures of what I have so far, but go and look at Home Depot for something like your case.

Happy Hunting!

-Bill

It is called the Husky Aluminum Tool Case, you can get it for $19.97. I have one and it is great. You can get it at Home Depot. Here is a link.
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_......00005646
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 21:37, Dynamike wrote:
The problem is the tool boxes at those hareware stores do not have a combination lock as shown. Check out these:

http://www.irvs.com/image.php?itemno=TZA......=TZAC416

http://www.tuff-cases.com/briefcases2.html

That's not a problem. Some of those combination locks are very unreliable. Besides, what good do they do? If someone wants your stuff, he will just take the whole case.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
At my local Home Depot (Tampa) they have those cases in a few colors as well..Black, Red and Silver...19.97 but no combo lock(s)...I believe the case pictured is a "Haleburtin" not sure about the spelling..Sold mostly at photography shops...Check at B&H Photo online....
chrisgq
View Profile
New user
WV/Florida
58 Posts

Profile of chrisgq
Even Walmart or target......i have seen these types of cases all over the place now-a-days, and in lots of different sizes. Just look around the different departments...toys, electronics, crafts....good to go
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Anyone know where to buy this briefcase? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL