The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Harakhan Cane - (Scratches) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Smile

Harakhan Cane owners: Just curious, though Harakhan is the best cane in the world

But when you order the New cane & when it arrives in the beautiful blue Japanese box....when you open the cane, there bound to be minor/tiny scratches on the whole cane...some looks even worse.....

I remember when I was a young kids about 10 over years ago....from the local Magic shop...I knew the owner, & he opened all the for us to choose...from 7-8 canes...only 2-3 looks good...with tiny scratches ..the rest looks bad.

I have owned 7 Harakhan Appearing & 1 disappearing...2 appearing is worn....1 appearing lost at the show venue &

recently I sold 1 Brand New appearing Harakhan cane to a US buyer....but not sure how to explain to the buyer that the appearing cane even though is 100% new...will have scatches here or there....I have no idea why too even I ordered brand new from Japan.

I notices that the spiral will also show if you use it all the time...because the colour will fade...because metal against metal...silver will shown up & the bronze colour will slower fade....

Foe the colour appearing cane from Japan, the problem is worsen when the colour is chip off...& we need to touch up using car paint......hmm

However, Disppearing Cane will last a long time...but not appearing cane...what do you think...?

Thanks for any feedback Smile
JY
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Hey JY,

I have never heard of this cane. Why do you say its the best? I have had a tannens metal appearing cane before and thought it was pretty good. I honestly cant remember if it had scratches on it or not. Are these scratches apparent from several feet away? If they are not then I really wouldnt worry bout it too much!

Robert
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Robert Smile

This are canes made in Japan....very rare/hard to find now.

The scratches are not apparent from several feet away or even nearer...just that I always find scratches on the cane when I bought.

I recently sold my 1 set to a US buyer...just want to confirm that the scratches is a very common problem.... Smile

JY
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
The Harakhan canes have a widespread reputation for being the "best". Many years ago I owned a Walsh disappearing cane and don't recall these metal canes having any "scratches"...smooth and sleak. Funny thing is that I have, for some time, been seriously considering getting a Harakhan, but now, not too sure.
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
How much do they cost?

Robert
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am sure Harakhan cost above USD 100. It has spring release feature which I think not available on Tannen one.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am sure Harakhan cost above USD 100. It has spring release feature which I think not available on Tannen one.
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
I have two of the Harakhan torch to canes. One has seen many shows and still works and looks great. My other is a back-up for when the first finally dies.
But...I think I paid around $150.00 each for them.
They don't come cheap but they are fine pieces. I've never paid any attention to whether they have scratches on them.
I also have 2 Harakhan appearing wands. I don't believe I've noticed any scratches.

Again, they're hard to get a hold of now and quite pricey but well worth it if this is the type of item you need and use regularly.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Yes, they do have scratches>?

Cos,I manage to get quite a few last week, ...I bought a couple from a Japanese magician & recently to sell back to the market....though ALL brand new, they do have scracthes...NOT deep one...but minor scratches here & there...cos metal against metal...this is really normal.

If you own the Colour one from Japan...even worse...some claim, this should'nt release in the market in the first place..., the colour will chip....search under this topic....u will understand Smile

if you e-mail me, I will be glad to show you the picture - brand new of several Harakhan canes.

I have been toying with Harakhan products for almost 10 over years when I was only 16 then.....hence I am able to testify that Smile

The only one I seen scratchless is the Harakhan disappearing one...I own....but don't dare to use it Smile
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
All the products from Harakhan are the Best.
I have canes and appearing birds.
The canes do not need oil or maintenance.

Paulo
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Yup, I agree Smile

Even the small, medium & large bird cage needs no oil or maintenance too Smile
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Have you tried re-coating the black canes with gun bluing?

Levent
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
All the products from Harakhan are the Best, I agreed.
I have Harakhan appearing bird, very well made and smooth working.

Cheers,
CC.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
The Best Of the Best!

Paulo
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I have had the Walsh, the German, the India and the Harakan. Years ago (in the early 80's. The spring release is very innovative, quiet and one handed. I never noticed the scratches back then, so this must be a new problem. The German canes were the next best in my estimation, then the new Inida silver canes are cool and maintain their luster.
I still have the Harakan but it got a little crushed during a kids show.
-Magic Ian
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It seems you are a prefectionist, if you have to look that close at an item. As you said you cannot see the scratches from near or far. Instead of complaining, why not find a solution. There are hundreds of products on the market today to lube metal.

I would start with fanning powder and then move to lube sprays, and the like. From WD40 to silicone applications. Just find what cuts down the friction. I you must retouch a can use epoxy spray paint not auto paint.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Harakhan Cane - (Scratches) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL