The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield lady levitation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I was just watchng the Statue of Liberty special where he levitated a girl high into the air then foward towards the audience. He passed a solid ring around her (no goose neck!). Any got info on this illusion?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Can't quite think of that illusion but this can be done with a Blaney Stainless Steel hoop.

Best,

Tim
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Hey Macgyver,

Why do you say no goose neck? I remember the illusion, but not all the details.
At the time (and if memory serves me) I was under the impression it was partially a Harbin levitation, but updated.

Please refresh me.

I have an Asrah that is not with overhead, and moves out towards audience. John Calvert does a floating organ which moves across the stage and over the footlights to the front row of the audience. (This is cool to see!)

Timothy, great call last night, a real blast!!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
The hoop went all the way around her from her feet to her head and it didn't go back the way it came. The entire special is on video.google.com.check it out!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
If it is only because of the hoop pass Timothy has given you the answer.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello All,

I just watched the video and its not a Blaney hoop. Its too large to be and both hands are used in the pass which seems to lend a clue on how its done. The blaney hoop can be handled with one hand during the pass.

Best,

Tim
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Well, and at the end she levitates horizontally about 75 feet into the thrust portion of the stage and down into the sofa.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Ya lizard. And we're given a "magicians view" almost..that was like a video effect almost. Did he do all the magic live then run out and vanish liberty? How was the special shot?
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Taht levitation can't be done live.. there is a good deal of black art when the lady floats along the catwalk to the other couch. you'll see the audience members hands are very close to their bodies clapping and EVERYONE has on black pants..

The parents of a friend were in the audience for that special and gave me the details I BEGGED for when the special came out in the early 80's.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
That special was a delightful combination of staging techniques!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I thought as much is was B.A

Kinda shame though.

Speaking of Copperfield and levitations : on the China special he did on where he had a board on two step ladders and he took them away and the board was still floating - They even showed it at an oblique angle. I've seen Lance Burton do this illusion ( On the Road with Lance Burton). Whats the name of this suspension?

I know that I should know this stuff but my knowledge does have a lot of gaps.

Ta very much
Mac
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
(Walter "Zanny")Blaney Ladder levitation
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 13:20, macGyver(south Africa) wrote:
I thought as much is was B.A

Kinda shame though.

Speaking of Copperfield and levitations : on the China special he did on where he had a board on two step ladders and he took them away and the board was still floating - They even showed it at an oblique angle. I've seen Lance Burton do this illusion ( On the Road with Lance Burton). Whats the name of this suspension?

I know that I should know this stuff but my knowledge does have a lot of gaps.

Ta very much
Mac

Website including videos located here.. http://www.walterblaney.com/illusions/ladderlevi.html

Best,

Tim
Hey Song
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Hey Song
Quote:
On 2007-03-08 15:19, Timothy Drake wrote:
Hello All,

I just watched the video and its not a Blaney hoop. Its too large to be and both hands are used in the pass which seems to lend a clue on how its done. The blaney hoop can be handled with one hand during the pass.

Best,

Tim

I don't know much about the Blaney hoop but it would make perfect since for David to use it since it was performing many other Blaney creations at the time.
Just because David handled the hoop with two hands does not mean that it was not a Blaney Hoop.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
[quote]On 2007-03-10 15:02, Hey Song wrote:
Quote:
I don't know much about the Blaney hoop but it would make perfect since for David to use it since it was performing many other Blaney creations at the time.
Just because David handled the hoop with two hands does not mean that it was not a Blaney Hoop.

Hi Hey Song,

Well... I do know lots about the blaney hoop as I have watched them being made. I can tell you without a doubt that this is NOT a blaney hoop. Its too big to be a Blaney hoop. A Blaney hoop could be handled and used in this application however but it would hug the girl much more as it's smaller.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield lady levitation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL