The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » EBay chicken? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
If you have the means to do this, then I say "Go for it". Personally, I set my maximum price and just sit back and wait. If I get it, fine; if not, then I'm not that worried about it.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Ok, here are the definitions as I have found them on Ebay.

Shill Bidding
The deliberate placing of bids to artificially raise the price of an item. This practice undermines trust in the eBay Community and is not permitted. To avoid the appearance of involvement in this activity, family members, friends, and individuals living together, working together, or sharing a computer should not bid on each other's items.

Sniping
Placing a bid in the closing minutes or seconds of an auction-style listing. Any bid, placed before the listing ends, is allowed on eBay. To protect yourself from being outbid at the last moment, enter the maximum amount you're willing to pay for an item up front, and eBay will bid automatically for you, making sure you're the high bidder until your maximum is reached. This system is sometimes called proxy bidding.

According to these two definitions, what hoodrat was doing is called sniping or proxy bidding and is perfectly "legal" on Ebay.

My apologies for the confusion, as I was really thinking of shill bidding. Hope things are clearer now.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » EBay chicken? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL