The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trek Fans Cool Comparison! Ingenious! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This was really good the way they took the original "Tribbles" and the DS9 footage and juxtaposed them side by side to show the way the scenes were spliced in. Tons of work their and a lot of genius, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHI9jLZ5pvI
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I liked that episode. They should release "Tribbles" and "More Tribbles" together on a DVD so we could compare them.

BTW, that was clever. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Isn't it lucky for Kirk that the tribble with the bomb didn't come out in the pile?

And I love the fact that the tribbles that keep dropping out of the hatch are actually being dropped by the two characters searching for the bomb!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I can't imagine the man hours and sweat that they poured into splicing those two episodes together so seamlessly. That episode was a literal work of art.

Also the obvious digital enhancement of the original Trek episode was excellent, too.

"They called the enterprise a GARBAGE SCOW!!" (Scottie)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Tying Chief O'brien into the discipline scene with Kirk and Scott was, indeed, a stroke of genius. At least Scotty had a chance to catch up on his technical journals!

As for the bar fight, I missed seeing Cyrano Jones and the bartender in it. That's what made it really work in the original.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
"Trials and Tribble-ations" is available on the Star Trek Time Travel Collective, which is less expensive than buying the DS9 season set that includes the episode.

I already owned TOS season sets, so I had "Trouble" already.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trek Fans Cool Comparison! Ingenious! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL