The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Bag for Table Props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
273 Posts

Profile of dbolan
I'm looking for a carrying bag for table props. Normally I have my small stuff - cards, coins and paddle items - in an Assassin's Pouch. But for times when I want to bring a little bit more with me,including a 7 x 13 close-up pad, chop cup and loads, a coin funnel and whatever else would fit in leftover room, I'm looking for a bag as handy as the Assassin's Pouch is for small items.

Any ideas? Strangely enough, the bags for portable DVD players at Wal-mart look appropriate. Any other suggestions? Items intended for magic or not intended for magic are fine.

Thanks!

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
How about the typical "tourist bags" that are worn like belts?
You can purchase them in different sizes.
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
I'm a bag junkie. I love finding odd bags and containers in unusual places. You might try heading down to the biggest mall you can find and puruse ALL the stores. You never know what you'll find.

Make-up bags and totes from perfume shops or department stores are great. I once found a high quality shoe shining kit from a Brookstone and used the box (that included a handle) for a great tableside box.

Pier One Imports, Crate & Barrel, Bed Bath & Beyond, and even Target are great places to scour. So are Pottery Barn and Z Gallery stores. One of my personal favorites is The Bombay Company. I can't walk out of that place without buying something I just have to have. If you're not familiar with any of these stores you can probably find them online.

And then there's ebay. Just type in "bags", "totes", "carriers", "containers", and the like. You'll find plenty.

If you're still not satisfied, go to antique marts or flea markets.

If you're anything like me, this can turn into a lifelong quest. Good luck...

Ruben
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
Try a second hand store.
I found a great pouch that holds two decks and has slots for credit cards which hold gaffed cards quite nicecly. The zippered pouch hold a few balloons and some flah paper. I sewed in a magnet to the bottom and now have an assasins pouch for only $2.00.

will
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2081 Posts

Profile of yachanin
If you like the "antique" look, hop over to a local antique shop. You may be able to find a nice doctor's bag at a reasonable price.

Regards, Steve
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Try Army surplus, I've used various ammo bags from different military organizations. I've found some black with no insignia.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
If you haven't looked already, here's the best out there:

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/category......%20Cases
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I agree with the last post. I'm also always searching on EBAY for different types of things.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
273 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:

Are there particular model(s) you recommend?

Thanks.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
For me and te magicians in my country, drawing a model suitable for my own use and have a leathershop to sew it is not so uncommon. Lucky us, in Turkey leather goods are at a fraction of the price they are sold elsewhere.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
[quote]On 2007-04-13 12:23, dbolan wrote:
Quote:

Are there particular model(s) you recommend?

Dbolan,

I would recommend that you contact Frank at the site mentioned above, and tell him what your needs are. He is great to work with. I have gotten bags from him for the busking table he made for me, for my cups and balls, for my linking rings, and a Dean's Box, and have been very pleased with the results.

Bob Phillips
jholland
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jholland
If you are considering a case of some sort, I have purchased old musical instrument cases off of e-bay that add a unique look. They are generally lined on the inside and have different compartments which can make the case itself a conversation point; almost like opening up a treasure chest.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
If you have a Ren Faire in your area, got to it.

Check out the vendors because in most cases the stuff is really hand made.

They can make you custom bags, clothes, pouches and other great items.

Yes it will cost a few bucks. But so what, you will have what you want.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Bag for Table Props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL