The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Foreign Affair (bill routine) - Gregory Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I prefer the Kevin King's "Money Morph" for bill switches. I'll have to see if that works with Greg's routine.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Christopher, I love you patter line with the one dollar bill.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-04-21 12:04, Cameron Francis wrote:
Christopher, I love you patter line with the one dollar bill.

Cameron, thanks to you I bought this. You know what's a "worker" and I appreciate your advice.

I think my use of the borrowed bill makes it a bit more magical as it's "their" bill doing the changes.

But..it's just in the idea stage. Their bill has to be switched out and I have to see how/if that will work.....but...the dollar side of Greg's bill is reversed imaged. No one will notice uless you pointed it out. Maybe that can be used as an advantage.

What if in the folding/switching you say "first we have to turn your bill inside out". Unfold and show them the wrting , etc. is backwards. I think that would be quite magical by itself.

serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
377 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Christopher, maybe you could borrow their dollar, explaining how you travel the world on a dollar a day you place it in your wallet. Say thanks, tomorrow I'm going to ....(wherever) get a couple of laughs then say "seriously, here's what I mean" then go into the effect now that you've switched the bill.
At the end, put it back in your wallet, then say "I guess you may want your bill back so you can try to travel like me"....or something to that effect. You take the bill back out and give it to them.
Either using a switch wallet, himber etc. - or just your regular wallet would work.
Or you don't even need to do the wallet part - just fold their borrowed bill in half (to match yours in your pocket) - go to put it in and pretend to walk away, stop and laugh, take out the gimmick and go into the effect.
Any of this may work as long as the borrowed bill is not marked or torn etc which would get noticed.
Just my thoughts on it as I have it ordered as well and should receive it this week.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Tell them that you travel the world for a $1. And you will teach the spectator how to do it. You ask to borrow a bill, and take out your wallet. Now you could say 'See, with just your $1 (Place it folded into your wallet), I can travel...as far as my house', start to place the wallet away and then stop and laugh, tell them you will show them what you really mean, and go into the routine. I am going to Greg's lecture tomorrow, so I will see how he does it live Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Those are good idea guys. Makes the switch easy as I don't want to expose the /multi color side of the gimmick ( that's what I'm working on with the TT )

I think everyone will have a lot of fun with Greg's effect!!

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Can this be worked by starting or finishing with a UK note?
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Yeah you can/do finish with a UK note (saw greg do it live at his lecture...it was awesome by the way!)
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-04-25 08:17, matt.magicman wrote:
Can this be worked by starting or finishing with a UK note?

Yes, Greg started with a $1, then did all the changes, before finally making it a £20 that he handed out for examination, I have two now as I like this so much!
www.magicman13.co.uk

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
So I guess once you have have done the changes with the foriegn affair bill, you just do a standard TT switch to the UK note....?
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I'm thinking of getting this but I don't know the premise of changing $1(which is already weird considering I'm using Euros) to all those bills then ending with Euro bill when a Euro "appeared" already during the changing process. Any thoughts?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Well, you can make the gaff yourself, from Greg's DVD 'In Action 3', and it is also in the Switch book if I remember rightly. It won't be made out of the same paper obviously, but it is the method Greg used for a long time. This way you can make whatever currencies appear in whatever order you like when you make it up.

And Matt, you are correct, the change into the hundred at the end, or £20 as I use etc uses a TT to end completely clean. Now, an idea I had was to print up some flyers/business cards in this style on paper and load this into the TT. Now I explain that as a Magician I can travel to any country I like. Watch, I can go from America, to...change to all the different countries, and end with the flyer, saying 'But always remember where you saw this first', and you can hand out your business card/flyer with all your information on
www.magicman13.co.uk

inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 17:23, Quantumfizzics wrote:
Greg is great.

Anything he does is worth looking into in my opinion.

Then get Freakey
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I'm waiting. Any release date yet?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-04-27 00:52, billfromoregon wrote:
I'm waiting. Any release date yet?

It's released now!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16948 Posts

Profile of joseph
Where?..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

http://www.alakazam.co.uk have this in stock and http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk have this in stock, should be on the site tomorrow, but hit them an email and I'm sure you can get one
www.magicman13.co.uk

ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Already have it, performed it everyday! Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
ChristopherM did you get it from there?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Foreign Affair (bill routine) - Gregory Wilson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL