The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Foreign Affair (bill routine) - Gregory Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2007-04-27 13:25, Christopher Williams wrote:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk have this in stock and http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk have this in stock, should be on the site tomorrow, but hit them an email and I'm sure you can get one..

Thanks for the links....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
No h_A_Z, a friend of mine did. Greg mentioned this web site during his lecture a few days ago. Cheers,

Chris
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
I perform this every single day for the past year. It's Killer. And Greg mailed me the dvd last month which the dvd alone is worth $$$$$$. I think this is the best trick Greg ever put out. Just because you always carry keys with you.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Isn't this the Foreign affair thread?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just got Foreign Affair and I love it. I was going to make it when I saw it on his DVD set, but we all know how that goes.

The gimmick is perfect and for me the story I tell is starting in America with olny a dollar and then going to Australis, then flying to Europe on to Japan then finishing in Taiwan with a Taiwan 1000NT bill [about $33] Always ready eye popping magic that ends clean. Love it!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I performed this today at a gig, and after performing it, someone came up and said to me 'Why was the dollar backwards'?. I laughed and said that as the American dollar is currently so cheap to the English pound they have decided to have them made out of the country so they are cheaper themselves to get, which got another laugh. After I left this group, I was puzzled by what they had said, so when I performed to my next group, I had a look, and they were right!!! On the bottom of the bill, it says 'ONE DOLLHAIR', all the words 'One' in the corners are backwards, and at the top where it says 'THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' are backwards'...anyone know why it's like this? I assume for Greg to have a laugh at people who practice in front of the mirror as to them it should be backwards when they see it, but it isn't. Strange how someone who only saw it for about 10 seconds knew it was backwards...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 13:12, Christopher Williams wrote:
anyone know why it's like this?

Greg said in the instructions that it keeps it legal. I can safely assume that reprinting a dollar bill exact replica would cause issues with the US Secret Service. Love your ideas DVD, btw!
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
If you have a problem with the printed US dollar, you can always cut up the foreign parts and restick them onto a REAL US dollar. Could easily solve your problem and the bill would be only slightly thicker. You could also do this if you live in a different country and you want to start off with your own money instead of a US dollar.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Think I'll leave it as it is, only one person noticed, and I rather liked my come back Smile, and thanks Doug, means a lot!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Actually when Greg got the bill printed the manufacturer told him it's illegal to print even one side of the bill. Which I totally understand.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Yes. David Regal adjusts the 'Bicicle' [sic] card box for the 2 versions of Sudden Deck so that this problem is avoided too. Subtle and funny adjustments they are too.

Foreign Affair is great! I like David Acer's Around the World in 80 Dollars, too. These ideas take the bill switch in a cool direction.
APL
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of APL
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 20:37, inidyls wrote:
Actually when Greg got the bill printed the manufacturer told him it's illegal to print even one side of the bill. Which I totally understand.

This is not true.
When we were designing the bill, we knew well ahead of time that it would be illegal to replicate even one side of the bill. So being the consumate comedian that Greg is, he wanted the dollar to not only look realistic but also be funny to the magician. The bill was field tested over 100 times by myself, and the backwards writing was only noticed once, and only because I held it out for longer than 3 seconds.
Thanks to all of you for your kind comments on Foreign Affair.
Aaron
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 17:47, APL wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 20:37, inidyls wrote:

This is not true.
When we were designing the bill, we knew well ahead of time that it would be illegal to replicate even one side of the bill. So being the consumate comedian that Greg is, he wanted the dollar to not only look realistic but also be funny to the magician. The bill was field tested over 100 times by myself, and the backwards writing was only noticed once, and only because I held it out for longer than 3 seconds.
Thanks to all of you for your kind comments on Foreign Affair.
Aaron

Yes it is true I'll pm you
APL
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of APL
The only thing I would like to clarify is that at the time Greg told you that (1 yr ago) we were not even done designing it, only the foreign side. It wasnt till last June that he decided to have the dollar printed on the other side instead of glueing a real one on, and that took the rest of the summer to complete. I had just told him there was no way we would be able to print a real dollar without altering it. The manufacturer however did not have a problem with the gimmick.
Thanks, Aaron
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The bill is beautiful and Greg's idea is brilliant.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
APL
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of APL
Thank you, that means alot.
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
308 Posts

Profile of asanghi
I got Foreign Affair, and as good as the routine is, I found that it doesn't supplant my existing $100 bill switch routine. I am therefore willing to part with it if anyone's interested...just PM...
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Can I start with a different colored money? Like a grey-ish money and end with that? Were not using euros or dollars here.

Thanks.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Ive found staring with the US Dollar & going throught the folds to Australia, Euros, Japan & then I switch to NZ Bill which is handed out-the effect is devastating to laymen

The different colours is the effect!!!! & changing to your local currency at the end is the killer for laymen

This effect can work for any country you live in-stick to the original idea from Greg & it will play anywhere!!!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Christopher, I love the thought of this effect although I currently don't do it I want to start. But I too don't want to go with the Hundy ender, becasue I do Hundy 500 so if I could find a place that would sell mismade ones for a lesser price. (I THINK $10 IS ALOT FOR A MISMADE BILL). Anyway, that way you can end with a downer. Kinda like "THIS WORKS PERFECT FOR ME BUT WHEN I TRAVEL BACK, SOMETING GETS LOST IN TRANSLATION" End with a Mismade bill for them to inspect. Just a thought.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Foreign Affair (bill routine) - Gregory Wilson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL