The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for a video of Abbot's Phantasmo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
HI guys

On Page 80 of Illusion Systems book 4 there's an illusion called Phantasmo. Any idea where I (online) I could see a clip of it?

even some real photo's will do ..

Kind Regards
MAC
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Gosh, not even a photo?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I looked at the pages in Osborne's book and they were a little confusing. It seems to be a vanishing head where you can place your hand in the back of the illuion and it appears to vanish.

The drawings where hand drawn, and I have never seen this in operation. I still didn't understand how the see through worked.
Dennis Michael
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
It actually does work, I had one built from Abbott plans quite some time ago. Unfortunately I don't have any photos or video of it in action...but it does work. Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
This illusion will work but it is VERY angle sensitive. You have to be looking dead on to really see the effect work properly. At least that's the way I see it from my memory of the illusion. Is that right M-Illusion?

Best,

Tim
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yep! It is an M-illusion.how angle sensitive is it?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
If memory serves it is a tunnel and not a square box so side angles don't work.

Best,

Tim
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I actually own one. It is a M principle as you suggest. Grant also made a see thru head chect on the same principle. What I liked about it was there was a red and blue light on top with some electrical looking gizmos.
I repainted mine gloss black (it was in poor shape) and added some trim tape. I tell the kids this is my Star Trek Tranporter. You place the kid in it on his knees and flip a switch. As it warms up a buzzer startes go off and the lights pulsate back and forth. It looks like of cool. You just have to watch the kid doesn't get scared with the buzzing and bolt on you.

I think with the right presentation and updated decorations, it would still play today.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for a video of Abbot's Phantasmo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL