The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Conceptual question re: modern cabinet techniques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Hello -

Something has been rolling around in my mind, and I'm wondering if the smart folks at the Caf? can help me out. I'm not quite sure how to research this one on my own - so I'd love opinions and/or a nudge in the right direction.

Under the right conditions, is it possible to think of a basic Modern Cabinet technique which uses a soft (as opposed to hard) t**p?

I know soft is normally a base idea. I'm wondering what the cons would be of using it vertically? I can think of quite a few advantages, under the right conditions.

I've been through the Black Book looking for this, and don't quite see it.

(Apologies in advance if this seems like a ridiculous question)
-Amanda
aquamage
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of aquamage
If you are just producing one person check out

If you are just producing one person check out Andrew Maynes "Infinity Cabinet" in his Illusion FX book. It may be what you are talking about.
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Thanks for the info! -
and yes, it's just for one - I figured this would exist, somewhere...I'm just trying to grasp the full reasonings behind various approaches to the problem.

(And I need the box to do a few other things which would make a hard back not really the right choice...I feel reasurred that there's something I can study which uses this kind of approach)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Conceptual question re: modern cabinet techniques (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL