The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Garrett Thomas Cargo Pants (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
For those that have seen the "Live at the Jailhouse" DVD set, Mr. Thomas has a pair of cargo pants with some modified rear pockets. I would like to create the same type of pants, however I would like them in a dress style. Questions:

1. Do you think the lower rear pocket would seem noticeable?(Color of pants to be black)

2. Has anyone ever seen dress style cargo pants?

Thanks Café!
Vic
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
You could contact Mr. Thomas and ask him...?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Vic,

To me, "cargo pants" and "dress style" are unrelated. It's like formal cut-offs. But I'm curious what develops here.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I talked to Mr. Thomas and he said just to make sure a jacket is covering the openings in the pants, and maybe use pinstripes to hide them. However I was not planning on wearing a jacket with them, so I am back to square one. Basically I was just looking for a way to ditch items so I can end clean. I think I will make these but use a much smaller slit. I will keep you updated on the progress. Anyone have any ideas to ditch items without going into your pockets?
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
I have a few pair of nice dress cargo pants. my favorites are grey wool from the gap. But I have a nice black pair that I used to wear.

I love summer time because all I wear is cargo shorts and those side pockets are invaluable for vanishes. That is why I purchased the nicer pants, but the pockets aren't as accessible. they still work though.

You can probably get away with it if youre young-ish. second stipulation is probably an untucked shirt.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
It's been mentioned on this forum before that carpenter pants also have a nice right side servant for coins, sponge balls, and other small objects. This was an idea I got off this site and have used successfully since.

Believe it or not there are some fairly dressy carpenter pants at bannana republic. I bought mine from the thrift store...but they're bannana republic pants!!!
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
Nobody notices extra pockets these days. Anything goes in this fashion-crazy world of ours. If any questions it just say 'It's Armani'.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Thanks everyone for the replies. I just had someone create pockets at the seams on the right and left side. They are at the tips of my fingers when my Hands are down at my sides.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1311 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Esprit do some nice looking cargo pants with big side Knee pockets to large back pockets and the waist high pockets look like one but are in fact 2 so in total 8 pockets. There great for causle walk rounds you can carry magic ready to go and your day to day stuff as well.

Some of ther waist coats and coat are ideal as well a littel casuale but fit my street look.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Marks and Spencer in the UK have a new Summer range with the pants like Garrets.
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
Wal Mart carries Dickies black pants with a cell phone pocket on the side. They are reasonably dressy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Garrett Thomas Cargo Pants (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL