The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Folding Grill Table for Magic Performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
I was at K-Mart looking at trunks to store / transport props and came across a folding campers grill station.

It has one upper table surface in the center and two lower table surfaces on either side, with a rack shelf down about the middle center. It is about 4 feet wide and 2 feet across total space. The center table (performing area) would be about 2 feet by 2 feet I guess.

It folds up easily (from appearances) to about 2 feet by 3 feet and has a canvas carry bag with straps.

It looks like with some velcro and a decent cloth it could be made into a very handy and portable magicians table.

Has anyone used a fold up campers table like this?

I'm interested to know how sturdy it is. And how well it will hold up over time.

The price was $49.

I cannot find an image of it online.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
You may want to check out this super light aluminum stand from Coleman. I picked one up at Sports Chalet this weekend for $22. Just add a table top with a good performing surface... and you have an instant, lightweight magic table that will hold up to 100 pounds! Can't beat it for $22 !!! Go Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coleman-Multi-Use-St......ViewItem

sdmagic
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Habu,
I have the table you are talking about, but I actually use it for camping. Since I don't do platform or stage magic, I can't answer for how well it would serve that purpose, but it's great for frying trout!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Mmmmmm, tasty...

I guess if you can make a trout disappear then it must be good for magic too.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Sdmagic, I found this table that is much like what you show. Mine is from walmart and is made by Ozark trail, it was about $30.

It is a tad larger (table surface) then I would have wanted, but otherwise it is very nice. It folds up small, quick and easy.

Now to see how well it stands up to the road.
www.magicbyhabu.com
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Nice looking table! I think aluminum should stand up well. Let us know!

sdmagic
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I have a couple of tables that look more like the one in this link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FNCQDQ/ref=......Code=asn

however they were just a wee bit smaller.
I purchased them at Wal-Mart in the camping section and they were under $20.00

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of James Warren
This is all really great stuff to know about, guys, thanks. I'll have to keep my eyes open more widely when I shop!
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Glad to be of some help.

I'ts amazing what you can find to be used for props with just a little looking!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Well I've put the table to use and it sets up very quickly and breaks down just as easily, packs quick because the bag is just a tad larger then the table...Have you ever bought a tent, used it, and it didn't fit back into the bag?? Smile

Anyway, it did the job, for something like sponge balls I used a small tray on top to raise the performing area up to my height (I'm 6'2") so the table was just a tad too low for me as it was.
www.magicbyhabu.com
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
I learned about these tables while attending Terry Elton Lecture. They are great and deffinately pack flat. The height isn't what I am looking for, but reguardless I have used it a few times at birthdays as extra table space.
casalino
View Profile
New user
Peru, now Dallas Tx
6 Posts

Profile of casalino
On the wallymart table that magicmanfrank is talking about, I have removed the legs ends, inserted PVC pipe to mi desired height, screw it all together, trow a cover and...
Best tables to lug oround, in the circus we use them for, face paint, ticket sales, program sales, on fairs for balloon twisting and of course magic, I use 3 of different hights, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Folding Grill Table for Magic Performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL