The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tents on Ebay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zombie5225
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
9 Posts

Profile of zombie5225
Has anyone used any of the EZ-POP tents that sell on Ebay? I was thinking about getting one but I want to make sure the quality is there first.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
EZ ups have been a minor headache to me. I have shown zbits in a heavy 10 x 10 tent with canvas walls and top. Even with that I had a blow down and it was a heavy steel frame.

I have seen one of my own EZ ups trashed by wind. The replacement also is bent from a blow down. They are very convenient but if you are going to show a lot you will replace them from time to time.
abigkahuna
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna
Try PTM out of Los Angeles. Ez ups are fine. Have used them for years and never officially lost one (yet) and I have been through some hellacious weather out here in the great American Southwest... Try Logandale, NEvada where 45 mile an hour winds are considered a spring breeze. There is another place California Palms out of southern california. Ask for Pierre. He used to be OTM for EZ Up in China before openeing up his own gig. Good Tents, a bit cheapre than EZ Up / IOf you go the pop up route. spend the extra cash and get the commerical grade. Better made, heavier denier top (500 vs 250 to 300) ..don't go cheap on a tent.

A word of the wise from an old pro. with your pop up, use a ball bungee to secure the top around the top pole. that will keep it from bouncing in the wind and ripping the top.

Use good stakes in the ground, use ratchet cargop straps from the top to the stake. tighten. That will keep it from twisting in the wind. Four corners and better yet from courners to center like a V. Take my advice wisely, I have seen many a tent fly away. That and 15 years on the road....playing in every dusty, windy spot from here to Tucumcari, Tehatchapi to Tonopah...

web.mac.com/abigkahuna
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tents on Ebay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL