The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT II Magic, Notice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Brett puts a small discrete 'C' on the inside of his combo cups so that the gaffed cup can be easily identified.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Thanks for the answer. I was unaware of same as I have none of the Combo Cups.

Regards,
Bill Sutter
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Glad to help.

Jake:

I'll give you a call tomorrow. No emergency or anything like that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 14:57, Mad Jake wrote:
We have Bill Palmer to thank for the preservation of the C and the Logo. It wasn't till Bill's post on Café in another thread, that I tried filling in the stamps before the nickel process started. Thanks Bill Smile

Glad your reaction was what I was hoping to hear. Enjoy them, put bright lights on them to annoy the neighbors at night Smile

Jake

Was it Bill's tip with the tar that was responsible for the logo's? (Thanks, Bill).
I'm going to need an arc welder's visor to see those cups under bright lights! Smile
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Richard,
yep that's the one. It created a bunch of extra steps, but was worth it in my opinion. Another step added, was we drilled the mouth beads in 4 places, and suspended the cups at an angle which allowed the chroming process all the way through. After the insides were done the beads were filled with copper buffed down and then nickled and chromed over.

We knew we could get nickel up there, we just didn't know how to get enough where we could buff to a mirror finish and get the chroming to hold. You sets were an experiment, but there were no Sherwoods hurt in the testing Smile

Bill, I always like it when you call Smile

Mr. Sutter! Haven't forgotten about you Smile

Pete, you're absolutely right! Medication and learing ones limits is the key to seeing tommorow and so on. Should have a package ready for you in a week or so Smile

Sean, Larry and everyone, thank you again for your words of encouragement.

Best
Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Take it easy Jake!

Wishing you all the best

Dominick
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Jake,
No worries. As usual I am in no rush.

Take care of you and yours.

Best Regards,
Bill Sutter
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 17:38, Mad Jake wrote:
You sets were an experiment, but there were no Sherwoods hurt in the testing Smile

Jake

I love it when a plan comes together! Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I spoke to Jake just a few minutes ago. He is in excellent spirits.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Good for Jake...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT II Magic, Notice (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL