The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video Studio Rental? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I've been wanting to play around with some SFX stuff for a while now. I'd like to film some things on a green screen. Unfortunately there's some issues that come with this.

1.) Building a green screen unit seems to be somewhat costly, especially for something that I'll probably only use a couple times.

2.) It looks like this process requires some special lighting.

3.) My video camera appears to be WAY to low-res to pull this off.

4.) I don't have any good place to set up all of this equipment.

It occured to me that what I really need is to rent out some time in a video studio of some type. I know it's possible for amateur musicians to rent out recording studio time now... Does anyone know if something similar exists for video studios?

Thanks,

- Matthew
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Take a course at a community college. It's cheaper, and you'd learn what you were doing. If somewhere down the line, your band has someone else direct a video, you'll be able to discuss ideas in an meaningful way.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Local access station have studios as well. And often times they let people produce television shows. It can be kind of a pain in the butt, but if you go through all the orientation and training and work as crew members, you can eventually get access to the studio and all the equipment. And they have good equipment. Usually you have to produce SOMETHING that they can put on the air. That's the trade off.

I was putting together a cooking show and I did this. But it turned out to be more of a hassle than it was worth. Still, if you have no money or other options you may try it.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
As Vandy mentioned, our cable local access station is owned by the city. It ran me $100 each to go through their 2-week (evening & weekend) camera, studio editing and remote video courses. After that, their studios, pro cameras and studio editing systems were available for very small nominal fees...and in some cases free of charge. It's been a great experience. Well worth the time and money.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video Studio Rental? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL