The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
Looking for the Chris Angel suspension he did in the park.Feet on the ground and bent 90 degrees .Anybody know where to get it or plans for it .
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
It can't be done the way it was shone on the video.Chris' video are heavly edited.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
ANYTHING is possible if you have enough money . Contact Johnny Gauhan I'm sure he can design something to reproduce the effect/
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Reedrc is right I should have said it was not done as on the video not that it can't be done (if you have enough money).
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Doing this with a real gimmick MAY infringe on Danny Coles similar illusion. ( the one where he sits down on no chair )

Best,

Tim
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2007-03-14 20:24, Timothy Drake wrote:
Doing this with a real gimmick MAY infringe on Danny Coles similar illusion. ( the one where he sits down on no chair )

Best,

Tim

Is there any youtube video of this?
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Crazy as it may seems there was a few 'units' being sold of that suspension which I believe they callled it back break. The company selling it is no longer in business and someonethat has the unit ask me to take a look at it because it was more or less shipped to him as a 'kit' which was a bunch of metal parts. good luck!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-03-15 10:18, Lusion wrote:
Crazy as it may seems there was a few 'units' being sold of that suspension which I believe they callled it back break. The company selling it is no longer in business and someonethat has the unit ask me to take a look at it because it was more or less shipped to him as a 'kit' which was a bunch of metal parts. good luck!

I haven't seen any video but here is a photo of Danny in his " sitting" position as the floating chair tries to pull him back up. Keep in mind the chair is NOT fastened to anything. http://www.dannycole.net/images/pictures......_JPG.htm

Best,

Tim
buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
Thanks Lusion ,
Is your friend iterested in selling or making a rough sketch or plans to sell.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I don't think so he is still trying to figure out if he has all the parts and its not his right to sell plans or sketch them out sorry. But I will ask him if he wants to sell it.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Very nice.

Jim
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
WOW... AWESOME.....
Where can I get one of these???????
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Very nice indeed. Is it his own design or is it available? I WANT ONE!!!

Mark
Mark Daniel
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I could be totally wrong with this, but it looks and appears to be the exact same type of suspension illusion that Cris Angel did one of his MindFreak episodes (as mentioned above). It looks idenitcal in regards to the angle and how he is sitting or leaning back. I wonder if perhaps the same inventor worked with both of them on this? It looks great.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
That's the one I'm looking for if anyone knows the builder .
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Hi , dany cole is the one with the real world experience in this one , try to contact him , I performed in one convention with him , it is great the gimik is so comlecated we had to help himup stage .
buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
I contacted Danny but hes not selling .Is it self contained or is it like a broom suspension ,anybody know.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I want one as well.
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
Ten years ago Rich Moratta came by with a body rig Steve Keeler had made for him that allowed him to sit with no chair. Last year I built an effect where the performer stands on the edge of a table and is lowered back. He remains in this position, lifts one leg and slowly lowers till his shoulders touch the floor then back up again. The performer had limited mobility and the prop was motorized and very expensive. Realize that Chris Angel is not doing a stage show--it is a television show and he has to develop effects quickly and uses all options to his advantage. Many of these effects cannot be duplicated live without significant changes in method or look.
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for suspension (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL