The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Does anyone know? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Can anyone tell me the name of the effect where four white stones (or other small object) and one black stone are placed in a cloth bag. Five spectators come forward and each pick one out and hold it, sight unseen. The performer then immediately tells each spectator what color stone he has.

I'm trying to replace the old version I have, but can't remember the name, or locate a dealer for it.

Thanks for any help on this.
Rick
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
You're describing Charles Gauci's Body Language. Contact Stevens Magic.

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
421M.D.B.421
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of 421M.D.B.421
Is the effect your talking about based on max mavens Kurtsoke? (sp?) Im sure that was updated to be called an effect called body language and I think its by charles Gucci. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2007-03-15 00:37, 421M.D.B.421 wrote:
Is the effect your talking about based on max mavens Kurtsoke? (sp?) Im sure that was updated to be called an effect called body language and I think its by charles Gucci. Please correct me if I'm wrong.



Think I've heard this somewhere else before. (?)
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
There used to be one sold called the “DARKSTONE” it’s exactly what you described.
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Marc oberon has released a new solution to this. I am not familiar with the modus.
adramindmagic
View Profile
Regular user
East St. Louis
106 Posts

Profile of adramindmagic
I saw a case with wizard pieces which does the same effect. It was in a magic shop in tucson perhaps williams magic?
I love magic!
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Max maven had an excellent non gimmick version of this, but I don't recall were.

Gil Scott
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Max Maven's Kurotsuke is on his Videomind DVD series Volume One. It is totally gaffless and is one of those mentalism gems. Indeed, if it were music - it would be an anthem!

Body Language by Charles Gauci is a slight variation and uses a certain something that does not affect the examinability of the effect but is expensive for what it is with cheapo props that scream "magic shop" (You'll end up replacing the props with better and much cheaper goods easily available.)

Quote:
Marc oberon has released a new solution to this. I am not familiar with the modus.


David, I'd be interested to have a look at this if you ever find out where! Smile
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Thanks for all your replies. I just checked Stevens Magic and I think Body Language is indeed a very close duplicate of the effect I'm looking for. Cheap as the props may be, its still the one I think I must go with. I've been looking for the m***** ring version. Or do you know a source for more quality individual pieces I could put together myself? I already have the ring and bag.

Thanks again to all who replied,
Rick
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of solidoak
BTW, Hocus Pocus sells Mark Oberon's new verson but they told me it works by an entirely different principle.
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I use max's version impromptu regularly. it kills.
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
Quote:
On 2007-03-15 15:59, solidoak wrote:
Thanks for all your replies. I just checked Stevens Magic and I think Body Language is indeed a very close duplicate of the effect I'm looking for. Cheap as the props may be, its still the one I think I must go with. I've been looking for the m***** ring version. Or do you know a source for more quality individual pieces I could put together myself? I already have the ring and bag.

Thanks again to all who replied,
Rick


Ron Frank sells sets of marbles and a PK ring, which you oculd use for this effect.

I personally use a CPII Smile
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1002 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Quote:
On 2007-03-15 14:35, Roger Kelly wrote:
Max Maven's Kurotsuke is on his Videomind DVD series Volume One. It is totally gaffless and is one of those mentalism gems. Indeed, if it were music - it would be an anthem!

Body Language by Charles Gauci is a slight variation and uses a certain something that does not affect the examinability of the effect but is expensive for what it is with cheapo props that scream "magic shop" (You'll end up replacing the props with better and much cheaper goods easily available.)

Quote:
Marc oberon has released a new solution to this. I am not familiar with the modus.


David, I'd be interested to have a look at this if you ever find out where! Smile



Roger hit the nail squarely on the head with this post.

This is a simple effect and in Max's own words "They went and mucked it up"

Best,
Sebastian Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
On a side note, I had Mr Gaucci come and lecture at my magical scoiety about 3 years ago. He did a version of Kurotsuke and stated (sic)"If Max MAven thinks 21st Centruy audiences are fooled by (insert method here) then he must be mad"

How strange then that Derren appears to fool thousands of people on his Something Wicked This Way Comes tour
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Thank you mrfluffy! I just contacted Ron Frank and he has exactly what I have been looking for.
Thanks again,
Rick
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Ron Franks pearlescent balls are top notch!
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok this is old but "darkstone" is another of the famed Magic Max RIPOFFS of which there are tons all with the words V&^n McC^%&y originals on them LOL
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Does anyone know? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL