The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » the LePaul Spread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I am currently in the process of learning the LePaul spread.
I have got the "cards springing from the fingers" bit pretty good and fairly even.
However, I am struggling to attain an even spread.

Is this another of those practice, practice, practice moves?
Or can anyone offer tips?
Help.

(it would also help me perfect the "curly q" move)

Many thanks
Gonz

:carrot: Smile
Hello.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
992 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Gonz:

This is another of those practice moves. When I first started it, I couldn't imagine how the move even worked. But after you do it over and over many times (many hundreds for me) it gets smooth. I also found that some cards have better properties for the spread than others. New, stiff cards are bad. I found that cards that are broken in and that you can squeeze easily with your left hand (assuming you are right-handed) are best.

Gianni
hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
I found that the right thumb is important in getting an even spread. Assuming you are right handed, start with the tip of the thumb in the bottom left hand corner of the deck and use it as a guide.
CWilcox
View Profile
New user
Roseville, California
70 Posts

Profile of CWilcox
You may also want to play with how far forward the deck is held in the left hand. Hobbymagic's comment about the importance of the right thumb is right on.

Play with pressure points and finger positioning some, and keep on practicing. You'll get a nice, even spread in no time.

Chris
Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Is this similar to the Curly Cue Move by Randy Holt that appears in Paul Harris' 'Art of Astonishment'?
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Although the action is somewhat similar, the Curly Cue move creates a double fan, but the Le-Paul/Hop Spread is actually a between the hands spread. Curly Cue also only uses one hand, whereas Le-Paul Spread uses two.

--Andi
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I found that I was squeezing to hard, when I applied the right pressure they come out much smoother and even. Also it is important to lock the fingers after the first knuckle. The knuckles closest to the tips should not be bent. Go slow and easy. It will start to work. This is a hard feeling to describe. To each their own. But the key is to slow down and let the cards flow out.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » the LePaul Spread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL