The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What's the Best Silk to Egg Routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey guys, I need a filler bit for my next show. I have decided to do the Silk to Egg bit however I want to add a twist. I am familiar with the typical method but I need the best starting point beyond the typical method. Can you suggest the coolest handling/routine for this rather overdone effect? I would accept a link to pay for it etc. Any help would be great. I know this sounds like a rookie question, but after 20 years into magic, this routine just kind of floated away from my interest until now.
Thanks
Chance
Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Get a hold of a copy of the recently published Encyclopedia of Egg Magic from Hermetic Press. It has a almost every varient of the effect. I believe part of the section concerning King Klang was published in Genii last year.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
You might take a look at Michael Ammar's version in "The Magic of Michael Ammar".
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Oscar Munoz has an interesting and practical variation of "Silk to Egg". You can contact him at:

http://www.oscarmunoz.com/contact.html

The Ammar routine is beautiful due to its use of the topit (which raises it's difficulty rating.)

Good luck, Chance!

Steve H Smile Smile Smile
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here we are six years later. It is still my favorite trick.

Please take a look at this and see what has changed.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=109&13

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Steve Dacri has a nice version on his L&L dvds.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Whit Haydn's Red Silk Mystery
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Barry Mitchell's Super Chicken is quite a fun version.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
725 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Lance Burton's routine - that he does on TV appearances (and I assume in live shows too).

...there's never two eggs held in a hand; and has easy routining that makes sense.
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
I think the best and most direct approach to the silk to egg routine is in the Karl Norman book. Simple, direct, to the point, easy to do, with a clear cut plot, and technically perfect. I think some of the routines like Ammars, etc... get a little hazy (ie silk from head, etc)
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3837 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I love this trick and have been using it for 20 years. I currently use Super Chicken with my modifications. Nothing new in terms of method, but man do the costumes ramp up the laugh factor.
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Wow,wasn't (klang) published in 82 issue.
Mark Wilson did a very nice piece of that moons ago on a Dick Van Dyke magic special
with Dummare.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Mine
I end by making the raw egg in the glass restore to a whole egg again in my mouth and this leads in to a multiplying egg routine.
I have only performed it one time in front of a camera and that was for for pomeroys widows benifit gig I belive Paine or Brian has a copy of that tape.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
Haenchen's deluxe silk to egg
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
164 Posts

Profile of limkris
Karrel Fox's no switch method?
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
I picked up many years ago a wooden egg that comes apart in the middle, much like those plastic eggs you find on sale around Easter.
HOWEVER--The fat or larger back half has a compartment and the hole where you push in the red silk during the routine. For the finale, you tap the egg against a glass and pour out a raw egg that you loaded into the gimmick prior to performance. So, in essence, there is no switch.
As I used to end the trick, the red silk is partially pushed in the egg, shown, then I visibly push it all the way in , give the egg a magical blow, then crack it open in the glass immediately. Always got gasps.
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
The Gaetan bloom's version.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17041 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2009-05-13 06:09, donrodrigo wrote:
Mark Wilson did a very nice piece of that moons ago on a Dick Van Dyke magic special
with Dummare.

Also my favorite...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What's the Best Silk to Egg Routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL