The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Is something wrong? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5120 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
To be honest, I never really paid that much attention to a grit eating schedule. I put grit in a dish and leave it there. When it gets low, I add some. Thinking back, I think mine eat about 1/4 cup of grit every two weeks. It all depends on their diet, and how much regular seed they eat.
Where the magic begins
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Thanks again guys!

Yeah, Jack's been good as new! I think that I'll leave the nest out until I see another egg in the cage, then I'll give her the nest - mainly, like Autumn said, because I don't want Jack to become too lazy. LOL...

And I just want to say something on seed - WOW, doves really are picky! LOL... I use the Kaytee Supreme Dove Blend seed, and it has a good variety of different seeds with different shapes and colors, and Jack picks out every single last seed of only the ones he wants, and leaves the rest until I dump them and refil the bowl! Its really cool to see how they seperate and eat only what they want.. LOL... Just wanted to point that out...

Thanks again!
-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Is something wrong? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL