The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Past members- question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

L1961G
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of L1961G
I have been trying to learn more about my father. I know he was a Professional Magician for forty years and traveled with Circus's and carnivals. He wrote several books discussing his side show life. One of which was titled "Side Show: My Life with Gooks, Freaks, and Vagabonds". His name was Howard Bone. The act he was most reknown for was "The Man Who Couldn't Be Hung". He was at one pont a good friend of Mike Anderson who I kow was a past member. Mike published another of his books titled "Hurry, Hurry, Hurry" under the pen name Col. Don E. Kerr". He also was a close friend of Teller of Penn & Teller. Teller wrote the foreword for the aforementioned book - Side Show. Before his death Teller wrote a very nice article about him that ran in the April 1995 edition of "The Atlantic Monthly", titled "The Incredible Mr Bone". My father also entrused Teller with the secret to his trick before he died. My father's magic propts and tricks were inducted into the American Museum of Magic in Michigan before his death. I do not know if he was a past member or not as he and I had been estranged before his death. Pleaseany help would be kindly appreciated.

Click here to view attached image.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Check with Todd Robbins in NYC. He knows a lot about side show performers.
L1961G
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of L1961G
Thank You! I have already been in touch with Todd. I am however still tacking down which carnivals and time frames he would ahve been associated with each.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'm sorry you all lost contact but I'm sure you're finding out a lot of neat things about your father during this search process.

Best of luck finding out everything you can about your dad.

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Past members- question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL