The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson Scotch and Soda Sets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Does anyone know if Johnson makes, or plans to make, scotch and soda type sets in different coins. I'm looking for the US Golden Dollar and Quarter. I've seen such a set from two other suppliers, but I'm not impressed with their quality.

I know lassen will make one in you choice of coins but I don't plan to use it very often so it wouldn't be worth it. I still want a quality set, though, which is why I want Johnson.

Thanks in advance!
William Holcomb
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
You can call up Johnson and send them your coins and they will make it customly for you.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
yeah, I got one of those "other" ones and the second its not shined up bright the gap shows and its pretty bad.

I know that Johnson doesn't make it, but the Golden Girls set looked pretty good. Might be a good add on for you.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

I just got off the phone with Johnson and they sure will make about anything you want! Prices are reasonable also!

Thanks!
William Holcomb
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
You might also consider Miracle Coin. Same thing only magnetic. I don't know how the price compares to Johnson. Miracle Coin is about 50.00 at Hank Lee's.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

I used to have a magnetic Scotch and Soda but I didn't like it. Sure the reset was great but I would never hand it out for inspection.

The first (and only) time I did the spectator rubbed the coin between her fingers (checking to see if it felt real) and the reverse slipped. It tipped the gaff bad!

Thanks for your response, though!
William Holcomb
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I use Coin Unique which is also magnetic and no one has ever noticed the gaff. But then again I never hand it out "for inspection". I only let them handle it as part of the effect. I treat it normally and no one ever suspects the coin.

Maybe I should be more careful after your experience. Smile
johnr733
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
66 Posts

Profile of johnr733
I'm sure Todd Lasen could handle a project like this.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

John,

As I posted, I won't be using this set a lot so going to Lassen would be a waste of money. Everything I own of Lassen's is exceptional...I just don't need his level of quality for this set.
William Holcomb
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
William,
If you are looking for different coins for Scotch and Soda, you might be interested in my No-Gimmick Scotch and Soda routine, which appeared in my Showtime column in the Linking Ring magazine of June, 1998.
The routine was originally devised for table hopping, to avoid a long and difficult reset and to also avoid the gimmicked coin that feels and sounds like a faked coin!
While my no-gimmick version is designed for Canadian coins, a change in the patter would make it fit almost any currencies or countries.
If you or anyone else is interested in it, e-mail me privately and I'll be happy to give you the routine and handling.
Gene B
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA
193 Posts

Profile of Gene B
I received the no gimmick S&S from Peter and it is great!
The routine is easy to perform--especially for walk-around and Peter gives you some nice patter ideas--highly recommended Smile

Gene B
Gravity--It's not just a rule--It's the Law!
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

I emailed him about it. I hopes it's as good as everyone says! Very nice of Peter to offer it to the magic community! Thanks Peter!!!
William Holcomb
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I also use Peter's version. It's very good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson Scotch and Soda Sets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL