The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dan Harlan's The Jug (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Dan may not even be "available" to take care of anyone.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
I will concur with Steve that The Jug is a great product. I purchased mine from someone I met thru the Café, so I missed the "customer service."
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Dan was online browsing here a few days ago. He was in the " currently browsing" list. Maybe he will post to the forum soon.
Sometimes life is hard,very hard.
Good luck Dan
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, judging by the prop itself, it HAD to be a royal pain to manufacture. I don't blame him for stopping the production. AND...it's a bigger plus for those of us who do own one.

Steve
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Since Dan's life has been a roller coaster this year and his life seemed to be not very stable previous to his recent incident, I'm sure he's under a lot of pressure to do the right thing anywhere and everywhere he can. I don't know Dan or his situation, but I would assume that money is an issue right now.

I am also assuming that he retains the rights to many of his creations. It would be financially advantages to him to consider selling the rights to some of his effects, such as The Jug. Personally I would be interested in buying this effect outright from him, manufacturing it again and make good on those who previously purchased the effect and didn't receive it. Dan, if you read this, drop me a PM if you're interested.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I wrote Dan about the customer issue. He read the PM ( or a friend of his did ). He can ( or a friend ) respond.

magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
The times he has replied to me tells me I got screwed and to join the crowd. At one time he responded here at the Café on a post and told me I would get my jug and some more. I have not heard back since then. I paid 40.00 for it along time ago and I am glad it was just 40.00 and not 400.00. Personally I will never buy his items again from him or his items from a dealer. I know from past Café post he has said he is getting his life back together and he is lecturing again. Great for him but I still want the item I paid for or my money back. So Dan if you read this where is the jug you promised me or where is my money back? Respond so everyone can see here on the Café what you tell me this time.
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-07-31 17:20, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I wrote Dan about the customer issue. He read the PM ( or a friend of his did ). He can ( or a friend ) respond.

So he has a personal assistant (not a stooge)?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Well, I doubt he could afford a personal assistant. It was probably Mr. Harlan.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-08-01 18:37, magicbyswh wrote:
The times he has replied to me tells me I got screwed and to join the crowd. At one time he responded here at the Café on a post and told me I would get my jug and some more. I have not heard back since then. I paid 40.00 for it along time ago and I am glad it was just 40.00 and not 400.00. Personally I will never buy his items again from him or his items from a dealer. I know from past Café post he has said he is getting his life back together and he is lecturing again. Great for him but I still want the item I paid for or my money back. So Dan if you read this where is the jug you promised me or where is my money back? Respond so everyone can see here on the Café what you tell me this time.
Steve

Some you win, some you lose. That's life!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
He lost one customer that is a fact!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-08-02 13:03, magicbyswh wrote:

lol!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2008-08-02 16:25, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-08-02 13:03, magicbyswh wrote:

lol!

Probably more than one.
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
Magicbyswh,

This situation sucks. Maybe someone will read your post and be warned about future purchases.

I had the same problem when I ordered from Ron Jaxon, took my money and then stopped replying to emails. I never received my product and I'm out $45.

In the end just write it off and don't let the emotion get to you. It's not worth it.

Quote:
On 2007-03-22 02:22, magicbyswh wrote:
I purchased through Dan over a year ago the Jug from his website. I never received it. I have tried to contact him numerous times with no luck. I finally found his myspace account and wrote him again in Feb of this year. I got an answer from him yesterday. I told him I had paid and I had never received what I had paid for.
His reply to me was "join the club". I used to think Dan was a pretty cool guy.
Stating join the club just tells me there were many others he ripped off. I would never purchase from Harlan again. Has he ripped you off?
Steve
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Ron Jaxon??? No way!

Jim
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ron Jaxon just had his house robbed, so he hasn't been posting. When did you purchase from him?

Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Hilarious thread.

Legal action?

Insist on triple the money back?

Smear him on every website possible?

All because he failed to send the toy ordered. If I send someone $40 and they burn me I take it as a lesson learned. It only cost me $40 to find out not to order from that person anymore. Or at least not to send cash to anyone. It's usually a good idea to use a credit card like Discover and file a grievance if you don't receive your order.

Personally, I'd buy a used jug off ebay or something and save the time and frustration of worrying about it for the past year. But that's me.

Dan has been pretty open about his recent troubles. It doesn't seem there's a mystery to be solved here. The buyer may eventually get the prop, or a refund. But in any case I'd bet that Dan is currently judgement proof. Even if you were to summons him to court and sue for the $40. I also doubt that any smear campaign could hurt worse than the one he just did on himself.

Best of luck. Or in Dan's words, "join the club"!
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Yes, in case anyone is still unsure, I am human. I’ve had problems and made mistakes. I have been performing, creating, and marketing my effects for over 25 years. In that time, I have been fortunate enough to have forged many positive relationships with magic dealers, other performers, and the magicians who have purchased my products. There have also been rough times. I currently have less than a half a dozen unfilled orders (very late). I hate the fact that I have gotten myself into this position. You might think it would be easy to get out of, but I have been through the wringer here and I am trying to re-build my life. Literally.

It bothers me that magicbyswh thinks I told him to "join the club." I don't think I did... although I suppose my memory is suspect. However, in all of my past dealings (with anyone), I have never had that kind of attitude. I am currently negotiating for someone to manufacture The Jug, so maybe we can fix this problem. I won't say "before it's too late" because we're well past that now. Also, just a note: I don't post here to "hawk" anything. In fact, I (foolishly) have resisted using this forum for marketing purposes, because I felt it was the right thing to do. Feel free to search my posts for the truth.

Regarding my reputation: I'm in rehab... say what you will.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Dan,

I applaud you. Loudly.

Best to you,

Steve Thomas
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2008-08-06 18:41, DanHarlan wrote:

Regarding my reputation: I'm in rehab... say what you will.
--Dan Harlan

Dan,

I'm very glad to hear that you're turning a corner . Best wishes for full recovery of both health and reputation.

I know you'll make it. You're a talented , creative guy. Hang in there ! There are a lot of us pulling for you.

I am also glad to hear that you're negotiating with a manufacturer to get some of your items , including "The Jug" , back into production. Hopefully those who are waiting to receive their backorders will get the first Jugs that roll off the assembly line and this topic can be closed.

For what it's worth : I still have "The Jug" that I bought from you several years ago and it works fine.
It will be a great magic effect to have back on the market .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dan Harlan's The Jug (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL