The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » American Idol (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 05:58, mandrake01 wrote:
Am I the only person in America who hasn't seen a single episode of this atrocity?

I have to hear about it at work. Like lost, the survivor shows and so many other shows I hope its not as horrible as it sounds. I miss the gong show.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
If Sanjaya is so bad as the Judges and just about everyone else says he is, then why in the World did the Judges put him through in the first place? The only reason why American Idol is still getting decent ratings this season is because of the Sanjaya controversy. Otherwise, you have just a bunch of mediocre, karaoke singers with little or no personality.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 12:13, M. Perk wrote:
If Sanjaya is so bad as the Judges and just about everyone else says he is, then why in the World did the Judges put him through in the first place?

Because, of all the sucky suckasses that they listened to that particular day, he didn't suck as bad as most. That dosen't mean he's a good singer. He's not.

However, I think everyone should vote for him and I hope he wins. To show, once and for all, that the program has jumped the shark. If people are only watching to see Sanjaya make a clown out of himself, that dosen't bode well for the future of the show. If they continue to have crops of singers like they have this year, singing bad songs, badly, the producers will eventually see their ratings dry up.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Last night Sanjaya had a dead Ostrich butt on his head. Meanwhile every other show on TV didn't. Also consider that Sanjaya's sister has a teeny shrunken head on a normal body...choice TV. Seeing as how most of TV these days is heavily crotchcentric what could be more appealing than a screen full of completely the opposite. Next week Sanjaya will have 'Buckwheat' pig tails sticking out all over tied in white ribbons. The Super Bowl couldn't compete.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
Am I the only person in America who hasn't seen a single episode of this atrocity?

Nope, I've never bothered to watch an episode either though I've seen the last couple minutes of a few episodes as I'm waiting for House to come on the air. Seeing those last few minutes are more than enough to keep me from bothering to watch the show from the begining.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Well thanks to downloads I will watch the show tomorrow night and let you know what I thought. didn't see Sanjaya's hair but I can't wait. Hope there is something memorable.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Oh you won't forget his hair ... LMAO! I don't even remember what he said, but I will never forget his hair ... hehe

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 10:02, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Quote:

You haven't seen it, but you can judge it? You're right of course, but how would you know? Sanjay's punk hair might have been the highlight of your life.

I stand exposed as a shameless bigot. I dislike any and all 'reality programs' without even experiencing them. (I <have> watched a few scenes of a couple. "Boot Camp" was actually interesting and "Grease-You're The One That I Want" is fascinating in the sense of watching a car wreck.)

Actually, I have a perverse desire to audition for the show with either "The Vampire's Lament" from "Dance of the Vampires" or "When You're Evil" from Voltare's album "The Devil's Bris." ("When You're Evil" shows up on several video sites with different cartoon videos edited in. Try to find the one with Danny Phantom. I don't know if any videos from "Dance of the Vampires" are on any sites!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
While I don't care for Idol I am addicted to The Apprentis, enjoy Survivor, and an Amazing Race devotee. I discovered these shows late when my wife was ill and she wanted me to watch with her. I am not allowed near the TV for the other reality shows she watches as I tend to yell at the people on screen.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
How did Mo hawk du de stay in the show. Please guys. Can you really compare him to Chris. The guys did get better this show but still nothing memorable,
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll tell you what I'm thinking. First off he is going to get support from the Indian community in the US, even those that don't watch the show. I also know that in India there are loads of people with access to phones that can call the US w/out the indicator that it is an int'l call, even if that wasn't allowed (which I doubt). So he has a huge voting base to work from. Another thing is the record company that Idol works for knows the sheep will buy the Idol record here, it has been proven. What the company would like is to have a record the sheep will buy here and the huuuuuge Indian market would also buy. That untalented kid is worth a fortune to people, then when done they kick him to the curb. Too bad Chris was kicked off, he could actually sing and his wife is cute. I must admit I didn't see the show the other night I'm basing his singing on what I saw a few weeks ago.
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Chris Sligh had back to back miserable performances. I really don't think he has as huge of a fan base as others, especially Sanjaya. As memorable performaces go, I have not seen one this season. Except for Sanjaya and his mohawk.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 17:21, M. Perk wrote:
Chris Sligh had back to back miserable performances. I really don't think he has as huge of a fan base as others, especially Sanjaya. As memorable performaces go, I have not seen one this season. Except for Sanjaya and his mohawk.

I agree with nothing being memorable. I also agree that Chris wasn't as good as he should have been, but him getting kicked off is like saying the hamburger was a little dry so I would rather eat the dog POO(sanjaya)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 10:52, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

I miss the gong show.

I always loved seeing Gene Gene, the dancin' machine!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I wish I was joking but.... I thought Sanjaya performed well tonight. Did someone spike my crack pipe?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 21:43, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:

I miss the gong show.

Sadly, Gene lost both legs to complications from diabetes in 2001. Here is a video of Gene on the Gong Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 00:05, Marvello wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 21:43, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:

I miss the gong show.

Sadly, Gene lost both legs to complications from diabetes in 2001. Here is a video of Gene on the Gong Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw

Jeez, what a terrible irony!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Utkarsh Sinha
View Profile
Regular user
Goa, India
137 Posts

Profile of Utkarsh Sinha
Hmm... so this is the real secret sessions thread...
Want jaadu?!

"Reality is a mere illusion, although a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

http://liquidmetal.in
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, I've seen a couple of minutes of this week's episode. I'm frankly, underwhelmed. I can't remember what the "large" woman sang, (I think it was a Gloria Estaban song) but it was decent. Not "And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going" good, but decent. I liked the other woman who did "Conga." (I do like Gloria Estaban, but then I like Abba.)

I was confused by one thing. The judges told a couple of people their songs were "fun" but not "singer's numbers." Do the contestants pick their own tunes during the competition or does the show pick the number for them?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Mandrake, they get to select their own songs within the show's parameters (time frame, songs performed by guest artist, genres....)
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » American Idol (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL