The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sorry Landmark (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yet the Al Gore thread continues.

I had written a nice response to your last post. I tried to clarify my stance on the static/living nature of the document. I believe I did clarify it, but it's gone and I'm not going to re-write it now. It's a shame because I thought we had a very intresting discussion going, and I thought we were all doing well discussing some serious hot button issues as civily and as be done in this format.

It all good though. Thanks for participating.

Mods, please leave this just long enough for Jack to see it.

Thanks to Payne and Balducci as well. It was fun while it lasted.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Vandy is a pee pee hat!

More political discussion:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&15
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Yeah I had just posted a brilliant and well thought out response as well that clearly showed that I was right and everyone else was wrong. But alas it bounced when I tried to post it and I've not got the time nor inclination to re-write it.

Lets work on closing down the Gore thread now.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
If you want to close down the Gore thread, you may need a change of strategy.

It seems to me that badmouthing Gore is acceptable on this forum. OTOH, whenever someone says something even slightly bad about Bush in a thread, the thread disappears.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 16:53, Vandy Grift wrote:

Wow, thanks for the shout out! Made my day. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4824 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks all.

Jack
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 17:19, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 16:53, Vandy Grift wrote:

Wow, thanks for the shout out! Made my day. Smile

I still don't like you. Smile

I think I have odds on which goes first, The Rowan Atkinson Jesus thread, or the Gore thread. Payne is assigned to make some outrageous/blasphemous comments and the Jesus thread and get that one knocked out first.

Quote:
On 2007-03-22 17:18, balducci wrote:
It seems to me that badmouthing Gore is acceptable on this forum. OTOH, whenever someone says something even slightly bad about Bush in a thread, the thread disappears.

Are you kidding me? LOL!

Remember, if you are talking about the President you are talking politics. And politics are verboten. However, if you are talking about Al Gore you're just talking about a big fat loudmouth. Ha!!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
LOL!!

Start it up, I'll post. And how I'll post. Smile
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

I deleted the post that Vandy is responding too. ^
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Wuss!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Next to JWB and JHC, the wussiest!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Don't you mean GWB? Or are you downing Jeb now?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Outrageous that among those of us who enjoy verbal battle scenerios when it does NOT have anything to do with politics and/or religion and is just a thread about a guy who was defeated as a politician and is trying to start his own Religion in the guise being a Savior in a Red Rubber Nose, would have activists who would attempt to have the thread shut down. A Ram as a double agent for the Bunnies?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 17:27, Vandy Grift wrote:

I think I have odds on which goes first, The Rowan Atkinson Jesus thread, or the Gore thread. Payne is assigned to make some outrageous/blaphmeous comments and the Jesus thread and get that one knocked out first.

So you're giving me marching orders now? Smile

I thought I'd already made my outragesblaphmeous comment. I must be loosing my touch. I was going to make my Gospel Balloon Joke. but last time I did I got banned for a month.
I've started my diatribe on te Gore post so it should get closed rather quickly now.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I like Pee Pee hat!
POOF!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 17:18, balducci wrote:
If you want to close down the Gore thread, you may need a change of strategy.

lol Odd ennit? It's about time:) Everywhere else the opposite is true. God forbid any of us speak against the left. Bashing our pres is cool though.
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 18:15, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 17:27, Vandy Grift wrote:

I think I have odds on which goes first, The Rowan Atkinson Jesus thread, or the Gore thread. Payne is assigned to make some outrageous/blaphmeous comments and the Jesus thread and get that one knocked out first.

So you're giving me marching orders now? Smile

I thought I'd already made my outragesblaphmeous comment. I must be loosing my touch. I was going to make my Gospel Balloon Joke. but last time I did I got banned for a month.
I've started my diatribe on te Gore post so it should get closed rather quickly now.

Obviously it's not working. I think I'll go and test my hypothesis, make an off colour reference to Bush in the Gore thread and see if that gets it shut down. Smile
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
DENIED!
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 17:53, Doug Higley wrote:
Outrageous that among those of us who enjoy verbal battle scenerios when it does NOT have anything to do with politics and/or religion and is just a thread about a guy who was defeated as a politician and is trying to start his own Religion in the guise being a Savior in a Red Rubber Nose, would have activists who would attempt to have the thread shut down. A Ram as a double agent for the Bunnies?

You don't know me, and you don't know my politics. I'm not an activist for anything but a little peace and quiet, and maybe following the rules of the forum. But thanks for trying so hard to pigeon-hole me!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 23:55, gaddy wrote:
You don't know me, and you don't know my politics. I'm not an activist for anything but a little peace and quiet, and maybe following the rules of the forum. But thanks for trying so hard to pigeon-hole me!
huh huh - you said hole
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sorry Landmark (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL