The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Which packet tricks can be fully inspected? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2007-04-17 13:14, van wrote:
Max Maven's book "FOCUS" is filled with them

Van

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I third this Smile
"Masque" is a real killer and more than worth the price of the book!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Zero-Sum Game uses five cards and can be examined.
Three Lesson Monte is another and they can be examined at the end.
Both effects can be found in my new book/DVD called Kingdom of the Red which will be available August 1 next month. Check out the link next to my signature below:
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 12:31, Kaliix wrote:
You need to clarify what you mean by fully inspectable? I use Capitulating Queens to great effect and it can be examined at the end if need be by removing the gaffed card at the end by way of a gamblers cop.

Wow... Capitulating Queens... I haven't heard that title for years! That is a great effect, no doubt. I used to perform it all the time... I wonder what happened to my cards?
magicalbear
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
32 Posts

Profile of magicalbear
I like twins and virginia city shuffle. I carry the shuffle with me nearly everywhere I go....

bear
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Another vote for FOCUS
Cards never lie
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 14:34, magicalbear wrote:
I like twins and virginia city shuffle. I carry the shuffle with me nearly everywhere I go....

bear

Yep Virginia City Shuffle gets killer reactions, and Bazar Twist gets a lot of work too.
Laird
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
124 Posts

Profile of Laird
Sympathetic Cards, learn it, do it!
It's never to late to have a happy childhold!
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Wow, I started this thread way back in March and it’s still alive! Well I’ve been practicing and just starting performing for strangers this month. I just thought I’d let you all know what I settled on in this category. Rene Lavand’s “ I Can’t Do It Any Slower “ and “ Dr. Daley's last trick” are the one’s I do well and most often. The Elmsley Count is the most useful technique I’ve learned since March. Definitely not easy to do one handed. Thank you again, everyone. I love examinable tricks because I can barrow a deck. That certainly adds to the wow factor.

Lash,

The version of B’wave I have is definitely gaffed. Maybe you have a non-gaffed version I’m not aware of?
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Why? You do not have to have everything 'examined', you don't have to have anything examined. If pulled from a regular deck that seemed to be in use why would anyone suspect the cards? Even if pulled from a wallet and they ask to look at the cards just so "no, don't want 'em sticky". You need to control the situation.
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
As someone else mentioned, it's just nice to have a few tricks ready for people who consistently ask to see the cards. My other two favorite tricks are The World's Wildest Joker (Gordon Bean) and Poker Bagtella (Rene Lavand) which can't be examined. I open with one of these and if someone asks to see the cards while I'm rapping up I do something that they can check out next. So far that seems to satisfy them about the nature of my cards and they stop asking. I always control the situation, it's just fun to hand out the cards to the nosy types and makes it less likely they'll grab the cards while you're doing closeup.
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll save you from another hundred suggestions:

Can be inspected: anything using regular cards

Cannot be inspected: anything using gaffs

There ya go....
bozo
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of bozo
Quote:
On 2007-08-20 21:43, MagicSanta wrote:

Can be inspected: anything using regular cards

There ya go....

I have to respectfully disagree. Take a routine like Bro. Hamman's Twins, or Ortiz' Jumping Gemini. If I left these on the table at the end of the routine, anyone into retrograde anaylsis would easily surmise that you were somehow showing the same card twice.
Routine's like Vernon's Twisting the Aces is the best trick, which begs for the cards to be inspected. I often leave the four aces on the table instead of putting them back into the deck. More often than not someone will grab the cards.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta

Can be inspected: anything using regular cards unless the routine represents the incorrect number of cards and/or you are performing for someone into retrograde analysis.

Of course if you feel everything must be inspected and allow it it is poor managing of your presentation and the spectator.

There ya go....
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Razzle Dazzle by Nick Trost (I believe) and Duvivier has a nice printing effect... not sure of the title on that one.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2007-08-22 20:51, MagicSanta wrote:

EXCEPT when you intend to give the gaffed card away as a souvineer, as happens at the end of Magicbob's "Mismade Queen" from his "I Hate Card Tricks" book (on my site). When you finish the effect, you have a mismade queen that makes a great souvineer once you slap your contact information sticker on it. Because you print these up yourself on your home computer, they make an inexpensive merchandising gimmick that is guaranteed to be kept and shown around to a lot of people.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Tom Allen's Magician's Poker
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Nobody has ever wanted to examine the cards in twisted sisters.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Color Monte of course

and in regards to an examinable oil and water with gaffs I recommend the "Devil's Own Oil and Water" you end clean if you follow the routine.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Have a look at John Bannon's new series of packet tricks, Fractal Card Magic.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have a couple of packet tricks coming out using gaffed cards which CAN be inspected after the effect because the cards are now "impossible objects".
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Which packet tricks can be fully inspected? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL