The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jail house rabbit vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mikey Magic
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mikey Magic
Does anyone own the Jail house rabbit vanish? I saw it on Daytona Magic and wanted to know if it was any good. I have bought some nice props from Daytona, but I wanted to know from you guys. Thank You.
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
What do you use to make the rabbit come back????
Mikey Magic
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mikey Magic
Quote:
On 2007-03-23 18:22, chris mcbrien wrote:
What do you use to make the rabbit come back????

I wasn't going to make her come back. My idea was to produce her, do a trick with her, then make her disappear. Instead of making her come back, I was going to get a call, via the phoney ring, to let me know she was back home eating all my food.
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Kids will NOT be happy with that...trust me ...they have to see her come back. Been there, done that....please trust me on this one...
Maybe you have something I have'nt seen before with this idea, but I know kids get upset if you vanish the rabbit and don't have it come back..they sometimes think she's...ummm...."no longer with us".
Had it happen...
Mikey Magic
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mikey Magic
Thanks for the advice, it reminds me of the dove vanish they used in the movie The Prestige.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The box can be used in reverse to make the rabbit reappear, so after you get the phone call from the rabbit, say "Why don't you come back to the show. I've got a nice carrot for you!" Then change the key into a big orange carrot, have all the kids call out for the rabbit to come back and... happy ending. If you make a hardboard carrot for the trick, don't forget to turn it into a real carrot before you let the bunny nibble on it.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Hello guys,

In my rabbit routine I produce her and then vanish her(start of the show) and usually by the end I might have 2-5 people out of 50 people remember I had a bunny.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2007-03-24 20:47, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Hello guys,
in my rabbit routine I produce her and then vanish her(start of the show) and usually by the end I might have 2-5 ppl out of 50 ppl remember I had a bunny

Then you're not getting your bunny's worth. Save the bunny for the end and then 4 out of 5 kids will be in tears because you vanished the bunny! The fifth kid will want the rabbit's feet for a lucky key chain.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7446 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2007-03-25 01:08, Spellbinder wrote:
The fifth kid will want the rabbit's feet for a lucky key chain.

:lol:

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
majura1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of majura1
Change the Rabbit into something else and that way you can claim that the rabbit is still there---just in a different form
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
As with all Daytonna Magic Items this is very well made, looks great, and a nice twist on the Sword Boxes for rabbits but it will only fit a small rabbit. A full size rabbit will not fit in this box! Hope that helps even though I know this thread is from a few years ago.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I have that box YEEEEEEARS ago and use it to vanish 2 doves. Never have a GREAT reaction and sold it! BUT the prop is very well made and looks very nice. Maybe the size of the prop is an issue if you have a Big rabbit.
-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have the box, and I use it for one particular routine. It is pretty good quality. I lined the inside of mine with black velvet. You have to watch your overhead lighting with this box. I modified mine to solve this issue. I'm not going to tip what I did because it's a big part of my routine, but it makes the concept of the box make more sense.
Mister Mystery
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I have to agree with bringing the bunny back, and I found out the hard way years ago. At the end of a school show I used the rabbit wringer which used the mi--or to show the box was empty, flattened the bunny and ended the show. As I was packing up, the kindergarten teacher came up to me and asked if I could bring the rabbit into her class room, as some of the kids were crying thinking I had hurt the bunny. I obliged.

I later called my friend and he stated to me "You should ALWAYS bring the bunny back! You flattened the bunny and to a child it was the same thing as if you put your bunny on the pavement and ran over him with your car."

In my mind, I thought it was a nice magical ending to a show . . . having the bunny disappear. But I was wrong. I still perform the rabbit wringer but I always reverse the trick and bring him back. The school never had me back. Lesson learned.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I also think that the appearence of a rabbit must be the closing for a kid show. If you produce it at the opening or in the middle any other trick can't be noticed!!! The kids can be worried only about the rabbit and where is the rabbit, and want to pet him etc etc etc.
Just my opinion!
-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have one for sale if anyone interested since I jumped on mentalism boat.
stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
Sometimes I feel that my bunny would like to put me through the wringer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jail house rabbit vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL