The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cardiographic - New version released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
992 Posts

Profile of Gianni
But what are the improvements?

Gianni
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Heavy, thicker backing so you can draw better, much better covers that will last forever and won't tear. Larger spiral for quicker removal of the page and the cover wont bend. Better card gimmick (made of flat black material that won't be affected by the heat), The cover is colored specially to be more deceptive. The gaff at the back (if you have this you know what I mean) is much smaller and painted a color so that it blends in with the cardboard, the card gimmick and envelope fit better allowing no hang ups when the card rises, better card template for quicker drawing, more tips on the dvd. Overall the entire package is much better than the original.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
960 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Thanks David , Youve just cost Me more money.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Good product, but what really disapointed me is the number of giveaway sheets ("refills") included when you originally buy the trick. For $175 I'd expect at least a dozen.

I can't see how you're expected to be able to even rehearse the trick with only six...

... Oh well, another $20 for a refill set I guess?
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 01:24, Futureal wrote:
Good product, but what really disapointed me is the number of giveaway sheets ("refills") included when you originally buy the trick. For $175 I'd expect at least a dozen.

I can't see how you're expected to be able to even rehearse the trick with only six...

Yes I agree.
I would like to make my own refills.Has any one found a compatible 11x14 sketchpad with the proper hole alighnment for the spiral.[This would be for the New Signature edition].

Best.
Rich
hiwese1
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of hiwese1
Just recieved this and can't say how much I love the quality and practical ease of this trick. I can't imagine trying to make this that would be of the same quality. When I saw this trick I thought that it was unbelievable and I still do after seeing it in person.

We buy tricks from Demo's and when we get them they aren't so practical, where this is so much fun and you are supplied with TOP quality products.

BUY THIS ONE

If you are on the fence get it.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have the new Signature Sketchpad.Can someone who has actually ordered the 'refill package' please tell me what is included in the 'refill package'?

I have been told that you get 6 of each card for the sheets you hand out...and only 3 of the sl** sheets that are drawn on.[you know what I am referring to if you own the effect]

This does not make sense to me.I feel if they are sending you 12 handout sheets there should be 12 sl** sheets.Thanks for any info.

Best.
Rich
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I emailed Magikraft - 3 x Five of Diamonds, 3 x Seven of Hearts, 6 slit-cards. Six performances worth.

Too expensive for a retail price of $20 IMO, 6 of each of the force cards and 6 slit-cards (ie a dozen performances) would be fine for $20.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
That's not what I read.

On the Magikraft website it describes the refills as:
SIGNATURE SKETCHPAD REFILLS

For those who need more than the six that come with the effect. Here they are by the dozen. You get six each Five of Diamonds and Seven of Hearts.

So I beleive the refills come with a DOZEN, and the Trick itself comes with SIX.

Hope this helps!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 00:54, Futureal wrote:
I emailed Magikraft - 3 x Five of Diamonds, 3 x Seven of Hearts, 6 slit-cards. Six performances worth.

Too expensive for a retail price of $20 IMO, 6 of each of the force cards and 6 slit-cards (ie a dozen performances) would be fine for $20.

Thanks guy's for at least responding.

What I need is someone who has actually ordered and received a refill package.I also e-mailed Magikraft and they never got back to me.

Futureal here is there ad from their site:[you apparently got faulty information]

SIGNATURE SKETCHPAD REFILLS

For those who need more than the six that come with the effect. Here they are by the dozen. You get six each Five of Diamonds and Seven of Hearts. For those DIY fans who wish to make custom sheets we offer a blank package, also enough for twelve performances, same price.

Price: $20.00

Select Refill Type: Regular RefillsBlank Refills

Quantity:

Now my question is:
Do you also get a dozen sheets with a sl** in them that are necessary to do do the effect?

If the refill pack does not come with a dozen matching sl** sheets...that means you can't do the effect...unless you make your own.

Please do not respond unless you have actually PURCHASED AND RECEIVED a refill pack,otherwise it is just speculatoion....and I can do that as well as anyone Smile

**There has to one performer who knows EXACTLY what is in the refill package. Thanks.
Rich
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I also think that it is pretty cheap from Mr Lewis to include 6 sheets for such an expensive prop.The trick is awesome .But come on ...6 sheets???????

Quote:
On 2007-04-18 01:24, Futureal wrote:

hiwese1
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of hiwese1
I just want to say wow, wow, wow. I have had this for about a week or so and have been practicing this for my show tonight. I did various tricks:

Card on Ceiling, Mystery Box (Kennedy), Scorpion, 52 on 1, WOW, and various other stuff.

I closed with Signature Sketchpad and brought down the roof. They went crazy. This has to be the best trick I have purchased and am so glad I bought it. I think that it is well worth the price as the construction is very thought out and high quality. I paid a lot of money just for other props as this is and don't mind spending around 1.50 per show to pull this trick. This is a WORKER and a REPUTATION CLOSER. I am so pumped about this trick and want to buy more of Martin's tricks.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I too love this effect, although I haven't had an opportunity to do it in a show yet. I bought the refill pack for $20, figuring I'd burn through the 6 that come 'standard' just practicing. The prop itself is very well made and obviously meant to last for years.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 06:50, PaleoMagi wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 00:54, Futureal wrote:

Thanks guy's for at least responding.

What I need is someone who has actually ordered and received a refill package.I also e-mailed Magikraft and they never got back to me.

Futureal here is there ad from their site:[you apparently got faulty information]

Mine just arrived in the mail today. It was as I said :

3 x Five of Diamonds
3 x Seven of Hearts
6 x Slit card

= Enough for 6 performances.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
FUTUREAL:If you are referring to what you get with the initial Signature Sketchpad purchase...you are correct.

If you are referring to the $20.00 ***REFILL PACKAGE***...WHICH IS WHAT I WAS INQUIRING ABOUT...YOU ARE INCORRECT.

Here is the answer to my e-mail I just got from Susanne Lewis re:THE $20.00 REFILL PACK CONTENTS.

****right 6/6/12 (5H, 7D - each 6, and 12 rising sheets)****
best
susanne lewis

FINALLY I GOT A STRAIGHT ANSWER

Capeesh!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
I don't know about this new version, but if your using the original you can very easily make your own refills (as long as you get the right size paper.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
That's the problem.

The new Signature version is absolutely wonderful.Many of the shortcoming's of the original have been addressed resulting in a sturdier more user friendly produt,that will hold up over time.

I would love to be able to make my own refills,but despite searching all over I have not been able to find a pad with the same spiral hole alighnment.[an absolute necessity]

Thus,I must buy the refills.
However,I was pleased to find out that $20.00 will buy me enough for 12 performances.I can live with that.

Rich
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Staples has two pads that are perfect for this new version. All you need is an 11x14 pad with a 4 inch/hole spiral. I found two pads at staples that works great with this.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 11:32, david_a_whitehead wrote:
Staples has two pads that are perfect for this new version. All you need is an 11x14 pad with a 4 inch/hole spiral. I found two pads at staples that works great with this.

Hi David:Am I understanding you correctly?You found pads at Staples the sheets of which can be used as replacements for the sheets in the 'New Signature Sketchpad'?

Can you please clarify what you mean by a '4 inch/hole spiral'?

Thank-you.
Rich
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Yes, and how about giving us the product numbers off those that you found. That would be great!!

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cardiographic - New version released (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL