The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cardiographic - New version released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I only bought one of the pads at staples but two of the pads I found work for it. I discarded the covers so I don't have the product numbers. All I mean by 4 holes per inch is you need to find a pad with 4 holes punched for every inch at the top (spiral). I took my new pad in to compare the holes but also measured with a ruler while at staples. Martin emailed me the specifics of the measurements. He also said you can readily find the correct size pads at stores that sell office equipment.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you for the info David,I shall check it out.

Rich
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Madhattermagic took more than Hocus-Pocus to awnser my email.

They will match the price so I ordered from Hocus-Pocus.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Anyone have a problem with the backboard showing wear marks? Don't want to go into too much detail, but I'm sure those of you who own this effect can figure out what I'm referring to.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Madhatters shipping is outrageous as well.

Free shipping & low prices is the best way to get new and repeat customers.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 23:42, PaleoMagi wrote:
FUTUREAL:If you are referring to what you get with the initial Signature Sketchpad purchase...you are correct.

If you are referring to the $20.00 ***REFILL PACKAGE***...WHICH IS WHAT I WAS INQUIRING ABOUT...YOU ARE INCORRECT.

Here is the answer to my e-mail I just got from Susanne Lewis re:THE $20.00 REFILL PACK CONTENTS.

****right 6/6/12 (5H, 7D - each 6, and 12 rising sheets)****
best
susanne lewis

FINALLY I GOT A STRAIGHT ANSWER

Capeesh!

I was talking about the refill package, and I just went and checked it AGAIN to make sure. You get enough for six performances.

You're just going round in circles here buddy, I told you what was in the refill package, if you don't want to believe it then buy one yourself and then get back to us all.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 22:12, Futureal wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 06:50, PaleoMagi wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 00:54, Futureal wrote:
I emailed Magikraft - 3 x Five of Diamonds, 3 x Seven of Hearts, 6 slit-cards. Six performances worth.

Too expensive for a retail price of $20 IMO, 6 of each of the force cards and 6 slit-cards (ie a dozen performances) would be fine for $20.

Thanks guy's for at least responding.

What I need is someone who has actually ordered and received a refill package.I also e-mailed Magikraft and they never got back to me.

Futureal here is there ad from their site:[you apparently got faulty information]

Mine just arrived in the mail today. It was as I said :

3 x Five of Diamonds
3 x Seven of Hearts
6 x Slit card

= Enough for 6 performances.

Well 'Buddy'...You apparently got a different refill package deal...because it has been confirmed that if you buy a refill package directly from the creator Martin Lewis you get enough for 12 performances.[$20.00][see above the e-mail I received from Susanne Lewis].
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
I purchased Cardiographic from Brad Burt http://www.magicshop.com under "NEW KILLER MAGIC 2006-2007"

I have performed this four nights this weekend and it absolutely floors people. I cannot recommend this enough. MOREOVER, this is now a discontinued product, so get it while it lasts!!!!! Brad only has a few left!!

Most importantly, when I received the effect I took it all apart and realized how easy it is to create your own. WHICH MEANS NO REFILLS TO BUY EVER!! It is very easy and comes with detailed instructions on creating your own refills. This is an improved version that makes the final change extremely deceptive (much better than what you saw on Copperfield’s special, which was still great). You also draw the entire thing in front of the audience, I cannot recommend this enough. Using the format supplied you can make this on ANY SIZE sketchpad, but the supplied size (11X17) is more than enough.

There are many copies out there and none perform up to what Martin has created. Years ago I purchased (in my ignorance) a Remote Control Rising Card Sketch Pad, and never used it. It was a horrible waste of money. Go with the original and you will not be disappointed. Buy from Brad Burt and you WILL receive EXCELLENT service EVERYTIME!!!

~Matt
Aim To Amaze
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 00:23, toomuchmagic wrote:
Madhatters shipping is outrageous as well.

Free shipping & low prices is the best way to get new and repeat customers.

They shipped mine the same day or the day after my order, and it was a big order.
So it depends, obviously.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Mine just arrive few weeks ago...I order from Hocus Pocus...got 30% sale special
here's the review.....if you wanna save trial and error and earn the benefit from professional worker who use this...then get the improve new version.....Im sure for working Pro, the amount of money you pay to invest on this effect is worth it
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
If you want refills go to Penguin. They're cheap and the shipping's reasonable. And incidentally, my refill packet had enough for 12 full performances....6 of one card, 6 of the other, and 12 of the 'special' sheets.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
MJM Magic has free shipping! Also 10% discount for returning customers.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/refill-for......223.html
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
Even with the free shipping and 10% discount the price is higher than some. Free shipping means that the shipping is built into the price. It also means that it will ship using the cheapest service available, who knows when or if you will get it.
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Hi Doormouse,

MJM's price, with the discount and free shipping, is $17.46. Can you give me an example of another company that will ship a 12-pack (6 of each force card and 12 slit pages) for less?

I ordered from MJM and got the package in less than a week.

Martin Lewis himself sells it for $20 PLUS shipping, so I don't think it's fair to say that free shipping means it's built into the price.

Let me know. Thanks,
Jim
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
Hi Jim,
You may save if you are ordering just one product with an already low retail price. Generally on comparing larger orders the savings is not there. By the way Penquin has it for $15.00 with free shipping (not that I order from them but I thought I would throw that out there)
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Martin Lewis has created THE best reaction getter! Nothing impresses my family anymore, but when I did Cardiographic for them at the end of my Mentalism Show, they went crazy! They started screaming and cheering, and were totally amazed, especially when I tore the sheet out of the sketchpad and gave it away, showing it to be a normal drawing! The effect is as follows:

The Effect

After a card is selected from a jumbo deck of cards, the magician says he is going to try to capture the spectator's thought-of card in an art drawing. He points all direction over to a large sketchpad resting on an easel. The magician opens the pad, and draws a large playing card in it with a marker. Unfortuantely, the drawing is incorrect! But never fear! The magician shows that he didn't just draw a single card, but a whole deck. All of a sudden, something is seen to emerge from the deck IN the drawing! The drawing is literally coming to life as a drawing of the selected card is seen to rise of of the drawn deck. The magician then instantly tears out the sheet with the card still risen up, autographs it, and gives it to the vounteer as a keepsake.

Cost

Varies... Normally around $100.

Difficulty
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used,
4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

2- only real move required.

Review

When I received my package, I received detailed instructions, the gimmicked sketchpad with the special Rising Card page, duplicates of the final product of the page, markers, and templates to draw more of ypur own to give away as souvenirs. Obviously the page must be switched when torn out at the end, but the gimmick involved is ingenious... so clever, and very well made.

This should last you for many, many performances with the same gimmick, and when you run out of sheets to give away, you can just go buy another sketchpad of the same size and use those sheets in the gimmicked sketchpad after you use the template to draw the image again. When I first saw this effect, I didn't think it would be worth it to purchase because I thought you could only do it a certain amount of times. But, as long as you can get your hands on sketch paper this should last you for as long as the gimmick will last.

Trust me, this never fails to get a very strong reaction. Unless the spectators are robots, they will never spot the gimmick as long as you keep the agic moment slightly brief. And HOO BOY, when you tear out that sheet and give it to the spectators, the shock they experience is so worth the price of this effect. The perfect giveaway in one of the strongest magic effects out there. This can be done in stage, close up, mentalism, and even kid show acts. Highly recommended.

Gimmick Durability: 7/10- the materials can be easily broken if mot treated correctly.

Reactions: 10/10- You will want to do this all the time when you see hw much people react to this. Priceless.

Price Justification: 8/10- If it werent for all of the extra stuff you get, and everything included, this wouldn't be quite worth the price. I would charge maybe about $20 less if the extras weren't there

Audience Participation: 7/10- Basically the same amount of participation as in any pick-a-card effect.

Overall

Overall, I give this product a rating of 9/10. Some may be disappointed with the gimmick, but that will soon change when you actually start using the thing. Highly recommended!!

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Hi Doormouse,

While I can't help but notice that you seem to criticize our store a lot (or rather, promote MH a lot), I appreciate your points and will be happy to respond.

Quote:
Even with the free shipping and 10% discount the price is higher than some.

I like that. Higher than "some." I think in almost any industry, there is going to be that ambiguous "some" who has a lower price. We have competitive low prices, and anyone who shops with us will tell you that we certainly aren't trying to rip people off or overcharge on items. Are you going to find an item a few bucks lower somewhere else? Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. And if you do, we are more than happy to check out the competition and adjust our prices to match theirs.

The only exception is that we won't match wholesale prices. We are in this business to bring magic to the people, and make a little money for the effort. We are not trying to go lower and lower until we're only making pennies on the dollar. That's not good for the industry or the business, and it only benefits people who could care less about the people they shop with, since they only want the cheapest price around.

I don't know about you, but I want to shop with a company that cares about its people, and who takes care of me all the way through. If that means I spend an extra couple of bucks for that satisfaction and piece of mind, then I have no problem paying it. But then again, that's just me.

Other people could care less that we try to treat our customers like "friends." They just want the lowest price possible, and we still go out of our way to try and make that happen. If we can't do it, we tell them. No misrepresentation, no hassle.

Quote:
Free shipping means that the shipping is built into the price.

I don't know how other places do it, but at MJM, it most certainly is not built into the price. We sell most of our items below retail (not wholesale), and our free shipping option means we pay for it.

You seem to be favoring what most other companies do, which is list the item really low, and then charge you shipping (some with additional handling fees like MH) when you checkout (or even after checkout without disclosing at the time of purchase just how much it will be). That may be great for you and them, but that's not how we roll at MJM.

Quote:
It also means that it will ship using the cheapest service available, who knows when or if you will get it.

Another ambiguous statement phrased to look like it's a crap shoot to shop with us! "Who knows when or if you will get it?" I suppose your right to a certain extent. When you opt to not pay for shipping, that is a risk you take since most people who want to protect their package will pay the extra money to send with our UPS option. However, I can count on one hand the amount of packages that have ever been lost in the last three years of us doing business. Not a bad track record for the volume of orders that we ship. Those that are lost are taken care of anyway by us and the customer.

Quote:
You may save if you are ordering just one product with an already low retail price. Generally on comparing larger orders the savings is not there.

Again, speaking in generalizations. We try our best to match any competitor order as long as the discounts are not nearing a wholesale benchmark. It is not uncommon for us to match certain items from a store, and not others from the same store just because of their price tier. If you're not sure, email us with a competitor's item that you want to see if we can match. We will let you know if we can or not, plain and simple.

Bottom line: we will never rip you off. If we can't match a price, we will happily tell you. We want you to get the best deal, and if that means admitting that certain items can't be matched, we will. You will always get the MJM team to work for you and do our best. That's all we can do, and so far, it's working pretty *** good. Smile

Quote:
By the way Penquin has it for $15.00 with free shipping (not that I order from them but I thought I would throw that out there)

Penguin doesn't have free shipping on items below $20.00. MJM does.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I agree with Jeff on all that was said.

MJM is one of the best shop for me living in Canada.No hidden fees ,very fast shipping,fantastic communication and low prices.

Sometimes I can find better offers in another shop but not very often.

In this context I assume that for a US based customer it is more than a good choice to make business with MJM Magic.

Quote:
On 2007-07-11 13:42, Jeff_Mash wrote:
Hi Doormouse,

While I can't help but notice that you seem to criticize our store a lot (or rather, promote MH a lot), I appreciate your points and will be happy to respond.

Quote:
Even with the free shipping and 10% discount the price is higher than some.

I like that. Higher than "some." I think in almost any industry, there is going to be that ambiguous "some" who has a lower price. We have competitive low prices, and anyone who shops with us will tell you that we certainly aren't trying to rip people off or overcharge on items. Are you going to find an item a few bucks lower somewhere else? Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. And if you do, we are more than happy to check out the competition and adjust our prices to match theirs.

The only exception is that we won't match wholesale prices. We are in this business to bring magic to the people, and make a little money for the effort. We are not trying to go lower and lower until we're only making pennies on the dollar. That's not good for the industry or the business, and it only benefits people who could care less about the people they shop with, since they only want the cheapest price around.

I don't know about you, but I want to shop with a company that cares about its people, and who takes care of me all the way through. If that means I spend an extra couple of bucks for that satisfaction and piece of mind, then I have no problem paying it. But then again, that's just me.

Other people could care less that we try to treat our customers like "friends." They just want the lowest price possible, and we still go out of our way to try and make that happen. If we can't do it, we tell them. No misrepresentation, no hassle.

Quote:
Free shipping means that the shipping is built into the price.

I don't know how other places do it, but at MJM, it most certainly is not built into the price. We sell most of our items below retail (not wholesale), and our free shipping option means we pay for it.

You seem to be favoring what most other companies do, which is list the item really low, and then charge you shipping (some with additional handling fees like MH) when you checkout (or even after checkout without disclosing at the time of purchase just how much it will be). That may be great for you and them, but that's not how we roll at MJM.

Quote:
It also means that it will ship using the cheapest service available, who knows when or if you will get it.

Another ambiguous statement phrased to look like it's a crap shoot to shop with us! "Who knows when or if you will get it?" I suppose your right to a certain extent. When you opt to not pay for shipping, that is a risk you take since most people who want to protect their package will pay the extra money to send with our UPS option. However, I can count on one hand the amount of packages that have ever been lost in the last three years of us doing business. Not a bad track record for the volume of orders that we ship. Those that are lost are taken care of anyway by us and the customer.

Quote:
You may save if you are ordering just one product with an already low retail price. Generally on comparing larger orders the savings is not there.

Again, speaking in generalizations. We try our best to match any competitor order as long as the discounts are not nearing a wholesale benchmark. It is not uncommon for us to match certain items from a store, and not others from the same store just because of their price tier. If you're not sure, email us with a competitor's item that you want to see if we can match. We will let you know if we can or not, plain and simple.

Bottom line: we will never rip you off. If we can't match a price, we will happily tell you. We want you to get the best deal, and if that means admitting that certain items can't be matched, we will. You will always get the MJM team to work for you and do our best. That's all we can do, and so far, it's working pretty *** good. Smile

Quote:
By the way Penquin has it for $15.00 with free shipping (not that I order from them but I thought I would throw that out there)

Penguin doesn't have free shipping on items below $20.00. MJM does.
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
For the record, if ordering just this item, Penguin comes out to be $17.95 (slightly more than MJM's $17.46). I can't find a better price.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have been performing Cardioghraphics on stage for a while but have never tried it in a parlor or floor show. Is anyone performing this for smaller shows. If so, no one notices the gimiick?

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cardiographic - New version released (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL