The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » One way court cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docz
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
123 Posts

Profile of docz
I read somewhere, but I can't find it back, that there is a trick where you put four cards face up on the table, three of them court cards, one indifferent card. Instruct one of the spectators to turn one card 180 degrees when your back is turned, then you turn around and magically reveal the card that was turned. This used a regular deck of bikes, because there were very subtle differences between the two sides of some of the court cards. After studying the cards I can't see that there is a difference, maybe I'm blind... any of you guys who can help me out?

Doc-Z
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I remember this from somewhere also, but the source evades me right now, maybe one of the old Jean Hugard books?
Sadly, Bicycles have been redesigned, and the subtle differences that used to exist in certain court cards, no longer do. (At least, the ones referred to in my reference don't, I think one was the belt buckle gem on one of the kings only being colored at one end, and things of that sort)
Of course, in any standard deck 22 of the 40 spot cards are one-way.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
docz
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
123 Posts

Profile of docz
Ah... too bad Smile I thought it was a cool trick! I can't remember where I read it, I've been to the local library and gone crazy so the sources get quite mixed up in my head. I know the one way spot cards, but they seem a bit too obvious for this trick, or maybe not? Maybe I'll make them one way in my deck Smile scrape some of the ink off, or make a small pencil mark or something...

Thanks for your input, glad it wasn't just me who couldn't see the difference.

Doc-Z
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » One way court cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL