The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » My Magic Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
As the Café expands, it becomes harder and harder to find the forums I like to read ... I would be interested in being able to select "my" forums, and have only them on "my" list so I can quickly get to the forums I have the time to partcipate in.

In other words, I'd like my list to have the Sidewalk Shuffle, Street Magic, Anthing Goes, and the Threads/Reels forums. Then, I could quickly goto those forums and not waste time scrolling down a long list of forums I simply do not have the time to participate in. On days that I have more time, I could easily goto the main list and visit other forums I am interested in ... but for daily visitation, it would be a quick trip to see if there are any new posts.

I know this may be a tall order to fill, but it certainly would be a very nice feature. Cookies would be a good way to achomplish it without the need to save anything on the server.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Joe, the idea of bookmarking has been suggested several times in the past. Until something like that can be done, you can reduce the amount of scrolling simply by clicking on the "welcome to the magic Café" tab. This will reduce all of the forums to just titles and they just about fit on one page. Click on the forum you are interested in and those topics will open for you. To return to normal, click on "the MagicCafe" logo.
Where the magic begins
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
JoeJoe and Dave

I do this allready in a very simple and effective way. I bookmark the pages I visit frequently at the top of my favourites in Internet Explorer. It achieves exactly what is being asked here.

Not rocket science - but I hope it helps.

Roger
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Yes, that works but using the Café system gives you "one stop shopping" Saving the pages in your favorites means you have to search for them, open them and you still have to log in to the Café to respond or post a new topic.

Using the Café reduced index process, everything is in one place and you can maneuver back and forth quite easily.

Either way works and the best way is whichever works for you.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » My Magic Café (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL