The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Warren Stephen's Wobble wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
I see the nesting wands more as a funny gag- not as a magic trick.

I do not have the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" but one time in my show a girl was very suspicios when I wanted to her to wear a hat. She said something that made me conclude they had seen the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" from another magigian lately, and one of the kids ended up with the plunger on her head. SHE did not want to be fooled into THAT. (wasn't my intention - haha) But she was all in a fun way about it. (like catching me before I would catch her) so I do not she big problems in the trick at all. If you use it in a fun playful way - not leaving the kid feel embarresed.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Spellbinder,

Can you come up with an article to create a Wibbly Wobbly Wand from Dollar Store parts also Smile

Sounds like you'd have a lot of buyers here on the Café!
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Warren Stephens had a great mind for clever gimmicks. One of my favorite wands of his was one that honked and yet the assistant could hold it and wouldn't have a clue how it worked. And Yes, it can be made from items available at the dollar store.
timsonefelt
View Profile
New user
SC
44 Posts

Profile of timsonefelt
I just came across this thread and wanted to let everyone know that the Wobble Wands are available again here:

https://www.wonderimagery.com/products/wobble_wand
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Alright, I know this is an old thread, but I LOVE this wand. The problem is, it never holds up.

First, I bought at a great price from a local dealer Lasted about two months, with only a few uses. Thought it might be a rip off, so I ordered from a reputable dealer, Tim (directly above.) It also stopped working after only a few uses. Seems in both cases, the the parts separate or stop sliding all together. I've tried graphite for the sliding issue, crimping parts when separated. Nothing works, especially when I throw it across the room in a fit of rage. Is anyone else licensed to sell these with a bit more quality? My favorite gag wand, but can't keep forking over close to $50 bucks every couple of months. Many thanks.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
If you're looking for an original, I just saw one listed on e-Bay for $50. That's a steal at that price.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2020, Gerry Walkowski wrote:
If you're looking for an original, I just saw one listed on e-Bay for $50. That's a steal at that price.

Thanks, Gerry, I would purchase if I was familiar with the inner workings of the original, which I am not. Would you know if this built better than the ones available today? Other than the original packaging, the outside looks exactly the same.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Sorry, I know nothing about the reproduction ones. I have two original Warren Stephen wands and wouldn't sell them for any price. My guess is that while you're thinking about it, somebody is now going to buy it at that price. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I finally sold my WW wand a couple months ago.
It's great. It was my favorite wand for a kids show.
I can get by without it but it was certainly the highlight.
I'm glad I gave it to someone else to use and I hope when they are done, they will do the same.

Great props should be loved and used. Not collected and worshiped.

As far as "dollar store blah blah...". I don't agree.
Sure you might get something kinda usable.. but not the same quality.
Prove me wrong.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2020, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
I finally sold my WW wand a couple months ago.
It's great. It was my favorite wand for a kids show.
I can get by without it but it was certainly the highlight.
I'm glad I gave it to someone else to use and I hope when they are done, they will do the same.

Great props should be loved and used. Not collected and worshiped.

As far as "dollar store blah blah...". I don't agree.
Sure you might get something kinda usable.. but not the same quality.
Prove me wrong.

I agree, everything I buy is a worker, not a dust collector. I purchased the item Gerry mentioned earlier, and without taking it apart I can tell by the handling that it must be a much better construction of the mechanism than the "rerelease" model. I won't be buying one of those from anyone under any circumstances. The original is shorter, but other than that looks on the outside like the remake. I'm sure it will last.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Glad that worked out for you.

Gerry
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, Gerry Walkowski wrote:
Glad that worked out for you.

Gerry

Thanks for giving me a heads up on the eBay item, Gerry!
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Sure thing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Warren Stephen's Wobble wand (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL