The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Coincidence by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This was first mentioned last summer and is finally coming out late April. An approach to a booktest that has a different ending from most. Two people come on stage, one is given his choice of books on the table. The 2nd person is given a dictionary to hold.

The 2nd person chooses a random page number for the first person to look up. The first person reads the first sentence to himself. Mentalist ask the first person to visualize something from the sentence. There are several things he could visualize. For example let's say the sentence refers to a man riding a horse and carrying a sword. The person is asked to visualize one of the objects in his mind.

Immediately and without fail the mentalist describes the object the person is thinking of and describe what it looks like in their mind (even though there may no description of the object in the book. For example if the person is visualizing a horse, the mentalist may tell them they are visualizing a white horse, even though the text only said horse (and he'd be correct!).

NO fishing, you immediately describe in detail what the person is seeing in their mind.

There is more. The person is then asked to count the number of words in the sentence and tell the audience how many words are in the sentence. Let's say he says 10. (This is so nobody thinks it's only a sentence with a couple of words)

The person is then asked to run their finger back and forth along the sentence and to stop on any word and then name it. FREE CHOICE. No force of any kind. He just names the word he stopped his finger on.

WITHOUT THE MENTALIST touching the dictionary first, the second person who has been holding the dictionary looks thru it and finds ONE WORD CIRCLED with a red crayon. Only one word is circled. He looks thru the other pages and makes sure no other pages are marked.

Believe it or not the word circled is the very word the first person just called out!
NO Stooges, no preshow work, and performer DOES NOT TOUCH the dictionary anytime during the presentation. No magician doesn't look up the word and secretly put a mark
on it before letting the 2nd person see it. Remember the 2nd person who has been holding the dictionary the whole time, opens it and finds one word circled, the one the other person just choose. Again NO FORCE of the word.

No duplicate pages in the novel either. The book used is totally ungimmicked, yet allows you to do the incredible feat of telling them in detail what they are thinking of even though no description is in the book. Neither spectator will know how you do this as there are no instant stooges or secret cueing of any kind.

The object thought of can be different at different shows, and a different word will be circled each show. In other words, the results will be different.

There are no outs, the ending is the same each show. No other predictions.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
782 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Devin, You're on FIRE!

Keep SOARING my magical brother!!!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1619 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hi Devin,

Sounds great. By the way, when can we expect that card prediction that is the next in the "Sight" series?

Best,

Scott
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The first shipment of Double Coincidence is going to Hocus Pocus. They will be the quickest way to get this.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
OHHHH!This sounds beatifull,cant wait for a review of it.
greetings from germany
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have mine on order. I know it will be great!!!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This will be a limited release for sure and when sold out, it will not be possible to make more. Two years ago I found a novel that had a most unusual feature in it. It allowed for the possibility to reveal and describe an object thought of, even though the sentence didn't actually describe it. I saw potential here. I bought up all 314 copies of the out of print novel from the closeout warehouse. The item has since been discontinued and no reprints are planned.

The whole trick is based on a most unusual feature found on one of the pages. I couldn't have written it better myself if I had specially printed the novel. Anyhow that is the bottom line. When you consider many of my items sell in the thousands, this will not as when these are gone, no more will be available.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 08:15, magicbuilder wrote:
This will be a limited release for sure and when sold out, it will not be possible to make more. Two years ago I found a novel that had a most unusual feature in it. It allowed for the possibility to reveal and describe an object thought of, even though the sentence didn't actually describe it. I saw potential here. I bought up all 314 copies of the out of print novel from the closeout warehouse. The item has since been discontinued and no reprints are planned.

The whole trick is based on a most unusual feature found on one of the pages. I couldn't have written it better myself if I had specially printed the novel. Anyhow that is the bottom line. When you consider many of my items sell in the thousands, this will not as when these are gone, no more will be available.

I have mine!!! I ordered it as soon as I read the description. If it was anyone else's product I wouldn't believe it.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
UPDATE: This will be shipping to the dealers next week. I wanted to state that this DOES not use the hoy approach for selecting a page. The book can freely be examined. The spectators DO NOT call out a page number. You simply riffle thru the book and have the person stop you (while your head is turned away) They take the book and read things on both pages. (while your back is still turned) You reveal the gist of the what they are reading. They FREELY select anything to concentrate on from one of the sentences. With no fishing, you then tell them exactly what object they are thinking of. Finally they select a word (no force)and call it out. That word is found to be circled in dictionary that YOU NEVER touch during the presentation.

Novel can be completely examined. At no time is the page number called out and the selection of the page is as fair as they come. This is a technique I developed back in the early late 80s and although other people have reinvented similar ideas, my selection of the page is one of the cleanest ever devised with no restrictions.

3 effects that build on each other with the final circling of the word. Many of my mentalist friends have said this is one of the strongest and impossible looking booktests ever devised. No magicians choices, writing things done, looking at the first word on a page, or calling out page numbers. No short pages.

This is how it would look if you had real psychic powers. Riffle thru a regular book while your head is turned. Let anyone stop you anywhere and take the book and start reading and you reveal their thoughts, then a single object they are thinking of with NO FISHING (yes there is more than one object they could think of, believe it or not!)and finally an unbelievable prediction that defies explanation. Available next week. Enjoy.

Devin Knight
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
NOW you got me hooked up,where can I get it? Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4495 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hocus-pocus
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Ahh one more question,would it be possible to perform this effect in german language
Or will this effect be only performable in english?
This is one critical point which should be worth mentioned.
greetings
Jerry
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
You could do the revelation of the a circled word from any book found in a German dictionary. However to do the mind reading effect where you describe an object just thought of (as the person sees it in their mind)WITH NO FISHING of any kind, will require the special book I include with the trick. You could do general thought reading of what the person is reading from a Germain book, but it will not be as strong as with the special english novel I include. However the strongest effect is the fact that a word freely chosen, NO FORCE is found circled in a dictionary you haven't touched. This can be applied to any language using your own dictionary and books once you learn my handling.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Some people already have this and I expect at least one review to show up today.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Thanks Devin for the fast reply and info,iam really intressted on this effect so I will stay tuned.
Eschlic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Eschlic
Purchased mine. Received a teaser from Devin. Very good method. Well thought out and well documented. Cannot wait to get the rest of my stuff Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
What he means is that anyone who ordered direct from me is getting a PDF file sent to them immediately with the method to look over while you are waiting for the books to arrive.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
We are going to be getting these at MJM Magic. I have posted a review of it over in the "Tricks and Effects" section right here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......09&0
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Coincidence by Devin Knight (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL