The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Maximum Involvement Popular Selection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Tony has a hit on his hands! JUst finished reading "Maximum Involvement ", and I love it. Stron, direct, simple and savvy routines. Mr."T", I pity the fool that dosen't have a copy.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Good stuff Mr. Eye. Usable. Worth every dollar!

John
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you John!
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Simply Brilliant!

Popular Selection is a wonderful deviously simple gem of a concept which I'd like to say I had already thought of and indeed practised in reality, but I didn't and I haven't, but I will, thanks to Tony!

You could hear the coin drop in my bonces wishing well when the full implication of this little diamond sank in.

Concise, clear and warmly written, with 3 full routines which are bound to start the ideas bouncing into implications and realisations of the principles multiflexiuseabilitiousness...

The outward simplicity belies the canny fox within.

Corona Smith.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I have spoken with two guys (and most of you do know them) about this manuscript on the phone.

One of the guys totaly got why I was so jazzed about this but the other still needs to learn the value of mentalism sublty to get why I would have paid Tony $100 for this instead of just the first twenty.

Either way both saw it as a value.

Once again thanks Tony.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Now that is what I like to learn. Tony, that was brilliant of you to think of such a great effect. Each part gets better and better. I am so amased with it, I want to put it in my next magic act. After reading it, I feel like it lead me inside of the circle. Please keep up the excellent work because we need more mentalist like you buddy.

That drawing of you on page 5 should be used for your avatar. Smile

Peace, love and soul.

Dynamike

P.S. I hope you a nice saturday night.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Just another one to add to the accolades. This is a very good, very practical work. I am still amazed at the great material available these days, the good work just keeps piling up.

This is on the top of that pile.

Tony, when can we expect more of your work?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Thank you again. (I'm just going to tattoo "thank you" to my forehead" There is plenty of room there.)

Mota, I have a couple of other projects in the works right now. I've outlined 2 additional volumes for the MI series, a Psychic Entertainer manuscript, and a bizarre volume. I'm busy!

Tony
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
One more voice of praise for Tony's work... simply wonderful. The ways that this can be flexed and folded into my own routines is most exciting. Really look forward to more of Tony's offerings.

Kudos Tony Eye !

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Nicodemus

Thank you, please let me know what fiendishly clever use you find for it. Smile

Tony
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Just ordered.... !!
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Hoff Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
258 Posts

Profile of Hoff Man
I've been thinking about Maximum Involvement for days now. What impresses me more than the ease to which the concepts and principles can be applied, is the potential for the powerful connections you can make with your audience. I imagine the conversations resulting from each selection of, say, favorite horror movies. "Oh my gosh I remember that movie ... did you sleep with the lights on for weeks after you saw it, like I did?",

or "Wow, that movie was what started my bedwetting problem ...what about you?"

Each selection has potential for a special connection with the audience, not a mere grocery list of soon to be forgotten thoughts. The Journey is the magic of Maximum Involvement.

Steve
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
The best part is that it is easy to customize for different clients. Unlimited possibilities.

Robert
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Steve:

I do just that, if I know the movie (sticking with that example) I will mock the monster or one of the actors and make a few silly comments about it too. We are all there to have fun, and it allows you to bring them all into the show - Participatory Theater. There are not many methods that allow you to interact with everyone (or as many as you wish) in the audience.

The next volume will use a different set of methods, but allow the same level or interaction with the audience, actually, a bit more than you get with the first volume.

Thank you Steve and Robert.

Easy, adaptable, as big as you want to make it, almost impromptu, and strong.
At least, these are my opinions, but they don't really count. Smile

Tony
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
All real world workers material here. Great job Tony thank you.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I still want Tony to publish his different and devious takes on another force, but, on the other hand, I'm also curious to know what the subject of Maximum Involvement Part II will be...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Thank you Mr. Roth!

I am embarrassed and pleased with the reactions I have received here. The acceptance of this small piece of my work just warms my heart, and that people see the uses and adaptations possible and are applying some of my thoughts to their own work makes the project worthwhile in my eyes.

Lord of Horses:

The two come together in the next volume. Smile

No more on that right now though.
I want some surprises. Smile

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Lord of Horses. Tony has already got a big ol hook in my mouth for the next one. I have no idea what it is but judging from this one I want his next one real bad.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
An excellent piece of work Tony.

This is the kind of material I love, a clever reinvention of simple principles, well explained, and with a few routining suggestions to round things out.

But what I like best is that this is one of those things that kick starts your mind and gets you thinking about your existing routines and material, and reinventing methods and handling.

I'm already overloaded with thoughts of how the central principle here can be adapted to some existing material that I use, and some altogether new material (there goes the rest of the day).

If you want a pre-packaged out of the box bit you can drop straight into your act, that's here- Several of them in fact- but much more valuable is the main "Popular Selection" principle, which will get you thinking and creating your own uses.

Tony, I'll share some thoughts with you via PM..

Congratulations and thanks!

V
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
I take it this is designed for stage / larger audiences?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Maximum Involvement Popular Selection (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL