The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best ESP effect (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2888 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Coincidence & Fate is my favorite effect using ESP cards. Smile
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Telepa-Three by Jeff Pierce Magic

Jeff (yes that's me)
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3312 Posts

Profile of Looch
Plug plug plug Wake up Dr Rhine is on my new DVD for all those wanting to see it performed. Sean Waters called it "The best ESP card routine ever"
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 09:55, obijuan wrote:
Marks Bond, house magician at the safe house in Milwaukee, has a great variation of a classic esp trick!

Mark's a very good guy and magician. Which of his effects are you referring to? Can you describe it a bit more. Thanks!
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
I'm working up a version of Mark Strivings "ESP For Fun and Profit" from Mobile Mentalism. I think it will play pretty big, or I hope so.

-David
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 13:35, Jeff wrote:
Telepa-Three by Jeff Pierce Magic

Jeff (yes that's me)

I agree. This will work like a very cool remote viewing experiment.

greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Triception for me. It's really the only thing I like to do with an esp deck and I had the honor of showing the intriguing pyramidic principle to John Riggs recently who had some good ideas of its possible origin. Michael Fraughton will be discussing his presentation of Triception in a future publication of his.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Could any tell me, is John George's "Perfect ESP" the same as the "perfect ESP" in Peter Nardi and Marc Spelmann's Unexpected DVD set?

Thanks
Best Regards,

Bob
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1487 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Richard Osterlind has a very nice routine on his DVD series (can't remember which DVD...). But it's REALLY nice, spectator does everything and you have predicted the outcome.

Astor Mental is nice too, but only for parlor/stage... otherwise it might look suspicious.
Ben BV
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1487 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2008-11-14 21:28, mrmuji wrote:
Could any tell me, is John George's "Perfect ESP" the same as the "perfect ESP" in Peter Nardi and Marc Spelmann's Unexpected DVD set?

Thanks

I also wondered about that... Could someone describe the effect?
Ben BV
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-09-15 22:33, ddyment wrote:
I'm happy to suggest my own "Bob's Your Uncle" effect for consideration here, a close simulation of the Rhine ESP-card-matching protocol (where the audience member does all the matching, and gets to take the credit). Widely praised by working mentalists, this version is simple to perform, closely adheres to the Rhine protocols, and uses no extra/gaffed cards or gimmicks of any kind. Just the ten cards. It's fully repeatable, which is good because audiences invariably want to see it again!

If you prefer the reverse effect, where the entertainer does the matching, I can also recommend Peter Nardi's "Perfect ESP", which can be found on his and Marc Spelmann's Unexpected DVD set. I have always felt this to be a somewhat weaker effect, but this is a very clever (and also simple) version of it, again using no gaffs or duplicates.

Ok after I've owned the book for a few years I pulled it out and reread BYU Nice. I have a close up mentalism thing this week and this will be great.

It all seems so obvious but I guess it's just my performers attack of thought.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
328 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
One of the best I've seen was at Derren Brown's 'Something Wicked' live show. I think I know how it's done but are any of the 'released' versions the same as or superior to this one, for those that have seen it?
Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk

***Now with new impossibottles for SALE!***
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3312 Posts

Profile of Looch
Merlin
Jazz Mentalism on the Submodalities DVD
Machina
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of Machina
There is quite a cool ESP card effect in the Beyond ESP deck. It comes with a booklet of different effects, plus the cards allow you to get away with murder(Not really but you know what I mean)
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I have to agree with Cody Fisher that John George's Perfect ESP is THE best ESP effect on the market. It literally leaves gasps with the spectators. Absolutely unbelievable!!
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
Where can we find John George's effect?
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
I emailed him, and he said he was sold out and had to get more printed up. He said he would let me know when that happens, and when it does I will resurrect this thread and let everyone know.

JD
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 08:12, Pit Boss wrote:
I emailed him, and he said he was sold out and had to get more printed up. He said he would let me know when that happens, and when it does I will resurrect this thread and let everyone know.

JD

Thanks. That's why they call you Pit Boss. Smile

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 08:12, Pit Boss wrote:

JD

ebook ?? Saves on printing and we get it now ! Smile
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
[/quote]

Thanks. That's why they call you Pit Boss. Smile

J
[/quote]

That, and the fact that I know my way around a BBQ pit... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best ESP effect (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL